A Tesla Model 3 is seen stuck in a water channel that looks like a river canal, the direction its facing is against the water flow and when the video is shot, the car seems to have reached the end of the canal.
Moments later a guy gets out of the Model 3 (thanks there was still room for opening the door), a few moments later another guy comes out of the car as well, the good news that their lives are saved but the car might be totaled from this incident.
I have tried to communicate with the video poster (@everything_tesla_pr0 on Instagram) but did not get a reply yet if he had more information or footage about this event.
The location of this happening is suspected to be somewhere in the Netherlands if we look at the license plate closely, it very much matches a Dutch number plate.
Looking at the video above makes us think what in the world this driver was thinking when he jumped into a water channel, the speed of the water flow looks pretty dangerous for the occupants and most probably they have lost the warranty on this Model 3 battery pack and drive units as a result of a possible misadventure.
A similar event took place in China last year when the owner of a Tesla Model S drove his car down into the river while trying to park at a Supercharger station, later on, the couple was seen taking selfies standing on the glass roof their half-submerged Model S.
Funny comments on this video on Instagram included an old Elon Musk statement that a Tesla can float like a boat for a brief period of time, thrust via rotating wheels but these guys seem to have taken the wrong meaning of it, just like the Model X driver who drove through the floodwaters in South Dakota las year.
Let us know your thoughts on what might have happened here in the comments section below.
Related Tesla News:
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers the first batch of Semi trucks to PepsiCo — Musk says “It’s A Beast”
- Tesla Semi completes its first 500-mile run with max load capacity just days before the first deliveries today
- An odd but interesting drag race: Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. Rivian R1T electric pickup truck
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) takes a 2nd look at Tesla Cybertruck — the center of gravity at the Petersen Museum
- Tesla relaunches the Referral Program which offers rewards like free Supercharging, merchandise, and solar