A Tesla Model 3 is seen stuck in a water channel that looks like a river canal, the direction its facing is against the water flow and when the video is shot, the car seems to have reached the end of the canal.
Moments later a guy gets out of the Model 3 (thanks there was still room for opening the door), a few moments later another guy comes out of the car as well, the good news that their lives are saved but the car might be totaled from this incident.
I have tried to communicate with the video poster (@everything_tesla_pr0 on Instagram) but did not get a reply yet if he had more information or footage about this event.
The location of this happening is suspected to be somewhere in the Netherlands if we look at the license plate closely, it very much matches a Dutch number plate.
Looking at the video above makes us think what in the world this driver was thinking when he jumped into a water channel, the speed of the water flow looks pretty dangerous for the occupants and most probably they have lost the warranty on this Model 3 battery pack and drive units as a result of a possible misadventure.
A similar event took place in China last year when the owner of a Tesla Model S drove his car down into the river while trying to park at a Supercharger station, later on, the couple was seen taking selfies standing on the glass roof their half-submerged Model S.
Funny comments on this video on Instagram included an old Elon Musk statement that a Tesla can float like a boat for a brief period of time, thrust via rotating wheels but these guys seem to have taken the wrong meaning of it, just like the Model X driver who drove through the floodwaters in South Dakota las year.
Let us know your thoughts on what might have happened here in the comments section below.
Related Tesla News:
- Watch how Tesla Model X Plaid electric SUV defeats a highly modified Porsche 992 Turbo S Coupe on a dragstrip
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) is going wide release, watch the early test videos
- Tesla begins the rollout of FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) with expected bug fixes in the previous version
- Watch the Tesla Light Show synced on RRR movie’s Natu Natu song and Elon Musk absolutely loved it
- Tesla engineer explains how the Drag Strip Mode feature on a Model S/X Plaid works (video)
- Tesla phone app has a “Charge Your Non-Tesla” section, v4.19 provides better battery insights