A Tesla Model 3 is seen stuck in a water channel that looks like a river canal, the direction its facing is against the water flow and when the video is shot, the car seems to have reached the end of the canal.
Moments later a guy gets out of the Model 3 (thanks there was still room for opening the door), a few moments later another guy comes out of the car as well, the good news that their lives are saved but the car might be totaled from this incident.
I have tried to communicate with the video poster (@everything_tesla_pr0 on Instagram) but did not get a reply yet if he had more information or footage about this event.
The location of this happening is suspected to be somewhere in the Netherlands if we look at the license plate closely, it very much matches a Dutch number plate.
Looking at the video above makes us think what in the world this driver was thinking when he jumped into a water channel, the speed of the water flow looks pretty dangerous for the occupants and most probably they have lost the warranty on this Model 3 battery pack and drive units as a result of a possible misadventure.
A similar event took place in China last year when the owner of a Tesla Model S drove his car down into the river while trying to park at a Supercharger station, later on, the couple was seen taking selfies standing on the glass roof their half-submerged Model S.
Funny comments on this video on Instagram included an old Elon Musk statement that a Tesla can float like a boat for a brief period of time, thrust via rotating wheels but these guys seem to have taken the wrong meaning of it, just like the Model X driver who drove through the floodwaters in South Dakota las year.
Let us know your thoughts on what might have happened here in the comments section below.
Related Tesla News:
- SpaceX will attempt to stack Starship SN20 on Super Heavy rocket booster today, says Musk
- The first Tesla Model Y test vehicle might come out of Giga Texas next week
- Watch the Unplugged Tesla Model S Plaid set a new EV lap record at Laguna Seca
- SpaceX moves the Super Heavy Booster 4 with 29 Raptor engines to the launch pad
- Tesla fan renders Giga Berlin 4680 cell factory (progress update, drone video)
- SpaceX is installing Starship booster engines for its first orbital flight test