So these two cars are not even in the same league by any means, be it the price, having an engine or not, body style i.e. sedan vs. an SUV, or the huge amounts CO2 emissions that the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk adds to the world’s atmosphere vs. the Tesla Model 3 (see table 1.1 for specs comparison).
These two different species go head to head in an interesting drag race battle, the 707 hp Jeep Trackhawk is upped to 1100 hp by the Forza Tuning & Performance team that organized this event.
The car mod company didn’t make many changes to the Tesla Model 3 Performance for this race, as they have much praise for Tesla’s stock traction and launch control systems that the Silicon Valley automaker keeps tuning remotely via over-the-air software updates time to time.
As the host of the drag race video is new to a Tesla Model 3, he first explores the amazing features and especially praises the futuristic interior of the car, a gearhead calling it a spaceship-like cabin should be compelling to the ICE enthusiasts — driving a Tesla for the first time can change your views totally, there are many living examples in the Tesla community.
|Tesla Model 3 Performance
|Starting price (MSRP)
|All Wheel Drive (AWD)
|Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
|660 Nm (Instant)
|645 Nm @ 4800 RPM
|1,847 kg (4,702 lbs)
|2,433 kg (5,363 lbs)
|3.4 secs (source: Tesla Canada)
|162 mph (261 km/h)
|180 mph (290 km/h)
|Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (8HP95)
|CO 2 Emissions
|Zero (Tesla Sustainability Report 2019)
|13.6 tons/year or 15k miles
Obviously the Tesla Model 3 Performance was quicker off the line but against a monster SUV fitted with 6.2L Supercharged V8 engine it wasn’t able to keep up on the rest of the track, however, we have seen a Tesla Model X beat the Trackhawk in a 1/4-mile race couple years back, when even the Raven drive-units or suspension was not even in production.
R.I.P ICE when the Tri-Motor Plaid Model S makes it to production, Tesla is not just after sustainable transportation, it also aims to shame the big names making luxury sports cars for hefty price tags, like recently a Tesla Model S did to a Ferrari F12 on the dragstrip.
Related Tesla Stories:
- Yusaku Maezawa unveils Starship dearMoon mission crew, Tim Dodd aka Everyday Astronaut makes it to the list
- You need a $295k Lamborghini Urus to beat a Tesla Model Y Performance in a drag race
- You can turn on the blind spot camera feed by tapping the turn signal icon on your Tesla’s center touchscreen
- You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin, says Musk
- You can buy Tesla (TSLA) stock till 17th August to be eligible for the 3-for-1 stock split
- World’s largest 100+ stall Tesla Supercharger station is coming to Harris Ranch, California
- Why is Elon Musk paying more taxes than he needs to, reveals Tesla (TSLA) investor
- While auto industry struggles, Model Y demand is ‘too high’ — admits mainstream media