Tesla (TSLA) announced yesterday in a filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that the company will select limited stockholders to attend its 2022 Annual Shareholder Meeting scheduled for 4th August.
Tesla also notified its stockholders of this announcement via emails and paper letters to provide them with the proxy materials for the 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders — in line with the rules of the SEC (PDF below).
Tesla is also allowing its stockholders to virtually join the 2022 Annual Meeting by signing up for it via this Meet Now link www.meetnow.global/MJKP2QF.
To be part of the random draw through which Tesla (TSLA) will select the physical participants of this year’s annual meeting, the automaker has set up an entire page with details on its official website here: www.tesla.com/2022shareholdermeeting. This is also the page where the live webcast of the meeting will be broadcasted by Tesla.
But before signing up to be part of the meeting, Tesla has also posted detailed 2022 Annual Meeting Drawing Terms here: www.tesla.com/2022-meeting-terms that you should read for sure.
Tesla is considering anyone to join the 2022 Annual Meeting who bought TSLA shares on or before 6th June 2022. Becoming a stockholder after this date disqualifies you from entering the draw, thus attending the meeting as well. This rule applies to joining both the physical and virtual meetings.
Tesla, Inc. 2022 Annual Shareholder Meeting will take place at the company’s new HQ in Austin Texas, the exact address of which is “1 Tesla Road Austin, TX 78725”.
To maximize fairness, we are conducting a random drawing to determine our stockholders’ eligibility to attend the meeting in person. If you were a stockholder on June 6, 2022, you may apply for this drawing.
Please note that you will have to upload proper evidence of Tesla stock ownership on June 6, 2022 (not any other date, including a different date in June 2022), which must be one of the following and must show your name. You may redact unrelated information such as account numbers and ownership of other securities.Tesla on 2022 Annual Meeting dedicated official page.
2022 Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting Proxy Materials
There is a 13-point agenda set for the Tesla 2022 Annual Stockholder Meeting. The Tesla board recommends voting “FOR” proposals from 1 to 5 and “AGAINST” the proposals from 6 to 13.
Proposals from 1 to 5 are brought-forward by the Tesla board while 6 to 13 have been recommended by the stockholders (complete list below) (source: SEC filing DEFA14A 1 tsla-defa14a_20220804)
- Election of Director:
Nominees: 01 – Ira Ehrenpreis, 02 – Kathleen Wilson-Thompson
- Tesla proposal for adoption of amendments to certificate of incorporation to reduce director terms to two years.
- Tesla proposal for adoption of amendments to certificate of incorporation and bylaws to eliminate applicable supermajority voting requirements.
- Tesla proposal for adoption of amendments to certificate of incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of common stock by 4,000,000,000 shares.
- Tesla proposal to ratify the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Tesla’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022.
- Stockholder proposal regarding proxy access
- Stockholder proposal regarding annual reporting on anti-harassment and discrimination efforts
- Stockholder proposal regarding annual reporting on Board diversity.
- Stockholder proposal regarding reporting on employee arbitration.
- Stockholder proposal regarding reporting on lobbying.
- Stockholder proposal regarding adoption of a freedom of association and collective bargaining policy.
- Stockholder proposal regarding additional reporting on child labor.
- Stockholder proposal regarding additional reporting on water risk.
How To Vote
To cast your vote on the items above as a TSLA investor/shareholder, Tesla has provided the following 3 methods.
- Internet – you can access the detailed proxy materials and login in to cast your vote by going to www.envisionreports.com/TSLA.
- Phone – Call us free of charge at 1-866-641-4276.
- Email – Send an email to email@example.com with “Proxy Materials Tesla, Inc.” in the subject line. Include your full name and address, plus the number located in the shaded bar on the reverse side, and state that you want a paper copy of the meeting materials. To facilitate timely delivery, all requests for a paper copy of proxy materials must be received by July 13, 2022.
TSLA 3-for-1 Stock Split
In this new filing, Tesla, Inc. revealed that it plans to increase the size of TSLA common stock by 4.08 billion shares. The automaker announced earlier in June that it proposes a 3-for-1 stock split pending shareholder approval at this year’s annual meeting.
Currently, there are 1,036 million (1.36 billion) Tesla shares on the market and after the three-for-one stock split approval pending at the upcoming annual meeting on 4th August, the total number of Tesla shares will be around 4 billion shares.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk owns a 23.5% stake and institutional investors own a big chunk of 42.58% in the company. The remaining 32.12% stake is owned by the retail/individual investors — a big chunk of these are Tesla enthusiasts, Tesla vehicle owners, and believers in Musk’s vision for a sustainable energy and transportation future.
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers a record number of cars in Q4 2022, a record year as well — announces earnings call date
- Elon Musk tells Tesla (TSLA) employees not to worry about the company’s stock price but rather focus on the end-of-year deliveries
- Tesla Model Y dominated European car sales in September
- Demand for Tesla vehicles is excellent, Elon Musk on Q3 2022 Earnings Call
- Tesla (TSLA) deliveries grew 35% QoQ and 42% YoY in Q3 2022 — share price sinks despite a record quarter
- You can buy Tesla (TSLA) stock till 17th August to be eligible for the 3-for-1 stock split
- Tesla (TSLA) stock surges 10% as the company posts Q2 2022 earnings — sells 75% of its Bitcoin holdings, earnings call, more