Tesla started releasing FSD Beta version 11.4.6 (2023.7.26) to non-employee beta testers yesterday.
Non-employee FSD Beta testers have been waiting for about a month to receive an update from Tesla. Tesla did release version 11.4.5 to employees but it never went to Tesla owners outside the company.
After FSD Beta v11.4.4, Tesla has directly moved non-employee beta testers to version 11.4.6 with the firmware version 2023.7.26.
Since this is a new FSD Beta over-the-air (OTA) software update, only a handful of Tesla owners have received it as of this writing. According to TeslaFi.com, 62 owners have received FSD Beta v11.4.6, and 32 owners according to TeslaScope.com.
Most of these owners are from the early batch of beta testers who have a long history of FSD Beta testing.
There are no new release notes for FSD Beta v11.4.6, Tesla has posted the same ones that were introduced in v11.4.4 last month.
However, Tesla has added the following line at the end of FSD Beta v11.4.6 release notes that discusses improvements in Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB).
Introduced Automatic Emergency Braking on general obstacles detected by Occupancy Network.
When Tesla employees started receiving this update this past weekend, Elon Musk was asked about the absence of new release notes and what the additional line meant in layman’s terms. “Reduces unnecessary slowdowns” Musk simply replied.
Tesla owner Zack received his FSD Beta 11.4.6 update yesterday evening. On his initial drives, he expressed positive first impressions of the new update.
Zack feels that with v11.4.6, Tesla Autopilot has gained more confidence and has improved in lane handling in real-life situations. “Finally! FSD Beta 11.4.6 fixed the issue of it constantly changing lanes,” he tweeted.
“Noticing some nice improvements on this build, did pretty well on some canyon roads too, more confident. Solid build overall,” Zack further added to his observations.
Another FSD Beta tester named Dirty Tesla was also able to test the new v11.4.6 in Downtown Michigan. He posted the following video on his YouTube channel that shows how FSD Beta 11.4.6 performs in heavy traffic situations.
It would be too early to give a final verdict on this new version of FSD Beta. Still, there are many early testers like Chuck Cook who are waiting to get FSD Beta v11.4.6 on their Tesla cars. So, we most probably will have a detailed testing review post later on. Stay Tuned.
- Tesla update 2023.32.4 improves the clarity of Autopilot cameras, Model X Falcon Wing doors get new Service Mode release notes, more
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla FSD 12 wide release becomes imminent as Tesla removes ‘Autosteer on city streets’ feature from the Coming Soon list
- Elon Musk demonstrates Tesla FSD 12 in a live stream on X, not a single line of code is used to build this non-beta version of Autopilot
- Tesla adds the Traffic Flow speed matching feature for highways in FSD Beta v11.4.6 (video)
- Tesla starts rolling out FSD Beta 11.4.6 (2023.7.26) to non-employees, early testers report improvements in various scenarios
- Tesla joins World AI Conference in Shanghai with its Autopilot cars and Optimus robot, Chinese car companies are far behind Tesla in AI, says Musk
- Tesla’s Full Self-Driving Version 12 will not be beta, says Elon Musk