Tesla China delivered a large surprise box at the HKRI Taikoo Hui Shopping Mall in Shanghai — when opened, a Tesla Model 3 appeared from the inside that mimics the skin of the car in the Game For Peace (Chinese version of PUBG), in Awesome purple and matching vinyl from the mobile video game.
The first photos of this car were shared by our friend Jay who reports on Tesla stuff from Shanghai China, he posted:
This skin of the Tesla Model 3 in the Game For Peace is the maxed-out version of the vehicle and the player has to start with a basic Model 3 or a Model X in a solid color, as the level raises new skins and upgrades become available (known as ‘Tesla Crates’, demo video below).
Reportedly, these skins are developed in collaboration with the Chinese technology company Tencent, which actually holds a sizeable chunk in TSLA shares as well.
Chinese Tesla enthusiast Ray4Tesla shared the following photos of the game and the real world Model 3 with the purple wrap and vinyl, tell us in the comments section below if this color is dope or nope?
Official Tesla China Twitter account also has offered some free wallpapers from the video game, you can lighten up your mobile phone with the Tesla effect from one of these.
These contemporary marketing tactics that aim at the younger generations through digital media will strengthen the Tesla brand among the automaker’s desired target market.
Elon Musk saying “Something fun is coming” in response to a tweet of a follower asking to be able to play PUBG on a Tesla center touchscreen hints at Tesla owners getting something interesting for their in-car entertainment soon, stay tuned.
Latest Tesla News
- SpaceX performs Rapid Relight test on a Raptor 2 engine at McGregor, upgrades Orbital Launch Mount at Starbase (videos)
- Coal-powered electricity comes to an end in Hawaii as the Tesla Megapack battery energy storage system kicks in
- Tesla to unveil Autopilot FSD Hardware 4.0 (HW4) and Optimus robot at AI Day 2022
- Tesla Giga Berlin fire: a pile of cardboard cartons burnt in the open, environmentalists ask for production halt (video)
- Tesla to release new energy consumption graph with useful insights and range tips in software update 2022.36
- Tesla will fix the window finger-pinching recall issue for 1.1 million vehicles with a free OTA software update