Collaboration between Elon Musk’s various companies is not a new thing, his space transportation company SpaceX often uses Tesla electric vehicles on the field wherever possible.
We saw two Tesla Model X SUVs escorting NASA astronauts for the SpaceX Demo-2 mission but they are not the only Tesla cars used by SpaceX.
A white Tesla Model 3 is performing services as an ‘Emergency Operations’ vehicle for SpaceX, it has been spotted on several occasions and SpaceX events. I have sourced some of these pictures that show its usage beyond a normal car for the end-customer.
For example, a SpaceX enthusiast and observer at the Boca Chica launch facility Mary (@BocaChicaGal) posted a stunning photo of the same Tesla Model 3 with the SpaceX logo wrapped on the doors and equipped with the emergency vehicle lighting on the top.
This SpaceX Edition Model 3 was also spotted earlier this year at a SpaceX recruitment event at the company’s Boca Chica Texas office. It was enjoying all the attention while the Mariachi music and Mexican food were igniting the passion of the candidates even further.
When the huge Starship SN2 tank was returning to the assembly area on a rolling lift, the SpaceX Model 3 can be seen monitoring the situation at the back in a live video feed from Boca Chica earlier this year.
Integrating Tesla vehicles into the SpaceX loop not only accelerates the mission of sustainable transportation but these electric cars are also helping humans reach goals beyond the planet.
- Tesla Semi completes its first 500-mile run with max load capacity just days before the first deliveries starting today
- An odd but interesting drag race: Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. Rivian R1T electric pickup truck
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) takes a 2nd look at Tesla Cybertruck — the center of gravity at the Petersen Museum
- Tesla relaunches the Referral Program which offers rewards like free Supercharging, merchandise, and solar
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)