Tesla has officially unraveled the mystery of the 2021 Tesla Model 3 refresh. The car which was spotted with the new exterior and interior design changes at the automaker’s Fremont factory last week is now available to order.
Looks like chrome trim is slowly fading away from the Tesla vehicle lineup since the black trim right out of the factory on the Model Y was well received by the customers.
Tesla has also introduced a new center console design for Model 3 which has been a polarizing element in the Tesla community, a hot topic of debate on its dope or nope status.
The new 2021 Tesla Model 3 not only comes with the cosmetic changes but all of the variants get a range boost as well, the list is as follows:
- Model 3 Standard Range Plus: 263 miles up from 250 miles (+13 miles)
- Model 3 Long Range AWD: 353 miles up from 323 miles (+30 miles)
- Model 3 Performance: 315 miles up from 299 mils (+16 miles)
Tesla Model 3 Long Range is the winner here with the best +30 mile gain in range boost. Interestingly, with all this range gain, Tesla did not increase the price of the vehicle at all.
New Tesla Model 3 Wheels
Tesla has also refreshed all 3 wheel options for the 2021 Tesla Model 3. The design of the 18″ Aero wheels has changed slightly while the 19″ Sport wheels keeping the same V-spoke design has been flattened a bit.
However, the 20″ Performance wheels option is totally changed, the Überturbine Wheels from the Model Y Performance are carried over to the Model 3 Performance.
Everyone thought that the North American customers will have to wait a little longer for these changes to the Tesla Model 3 but it happened sooner than expected.
Californians will be able to get these newly updated Model 3s first in accordance with the Tesla tradition, the rest will have to wait up to 9 weeks.
Stay tuned for the latest and interesting Tesla news, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Ford EVs will have access to 12K+ Tesla Superchargers next year, integration of NACS charge port in the next phase
- Cybertruck interior with redesigned yoke steering seen in new pics from the Tesla Shareholder Meeting event
- Watch Tesla Model S Plaid Track Pack getting tested on a racing circuit (review videos)
- Tesla sends this month’s 2nd consignment of Model 3 and Model Y EVs from China to Canada
- Tesla will have its ChatGPT moment with Full Self-Driving cars, says Elon Musk
- Tesla’s future is the Optimus humanoid robot, not cars — predicts Elon Musk
- Tesla teases its next-gen car, Elon Musk confirms 2 new EVs that can hit 5M+ units a year production volume
- Tesla to start Cybertruck deliveries this year, Elon Musk at 2023 Shareholder Meeting (pics, videos)