An HD photo of the new and updated Tesla Model 3 center console has surfaced online. In this new photo, the new Model 3 console can be seen uncovered. In our yesterday’s detailed report on the refreshed Model 3 updates, the center console was covered with a piece of paper and tape.
The new design and texture of the Model 3 center console have become a highly debatable topic in the Tesla Community. Some existing and potential owners like the new idea but in others’ opinion, the previous piano black version was more contemporary.
Let’s look at it in the following picture and then read thoughts of the some Tesla enthusiasts on social media.
The mixed reaction from the Tesla peeps has made the new Model 3 center console design much controversial. Many think the older version (pic also above) is much more minimalistic while the new version looks borrowed from the traditional automakers.
The new Tesla Model 3s spotted at the Fremont factory on Thursday night are made for Europe and Tesla will be looking at feedback from the European customers as the cars get into their hands.
This updated Tesla Model 3 center console design seems to the second most polarizing topic after the Tesla Cybertruck design. Also since there is no video yet available on how this center console functions, the rumor has it that it slides open vs. opening the lid upwards.
Some more thoughts on the new center console from the Tesla owners and enthusiasts:
Latest Tesla News:
- Elon Musk puts the Twitter deal on temporary hold pending confirmation of spam/fake accounts
- Tesla might stop taking vehicle orders beyond a certain period of time due to ridiculous demand, says Elon Musk
- Tesla comparison: old Intel Atom GPU vs. the new AMD Ryzen APU (video)
- Giga Texas construction moments: Tesla Cybertruck as an ice cream truck for the workers (video)
- The owner of the rented Tesla Model 3 on Turo says he did call the police only to hear “it’s a civil matter” — more story updates
- Video shows Tesla has added the center screen tilting function to the new Model S and Model X refresh vehicles