History is repeating itself, Tesla Model 3 has once again become the center point of discussion when it comes to Tesla (TSLA) these days.
On one hand, it has become the most affordable Tesla EV in the United States, thanks to Federal and state-level tax credits. On the other, the next-generation Project Highland Model 3 has been the talk of the town for a while. Both of these factors have pumped the Tesla share price by $49.52 (28.83%) to $221.31 in the past month.
Besides the tax credits, Tesla is also offering massive discounts on its existing inventory as well. In the midst of all this, a Project Highland Model 3 was spotted in California yesterday once again.
Tesla enthusiast and influencer Kilowatts was driving on the streets of California when he saw a black Model 3 Project Highland prototype. Like always, the front and rear of this prototype were hidden with custom-stitched covers.
Obviously, Tesla is trying to hide the redesigned headlights, which have already been revealed in spy pics previously. Tesla has also redesigned the rear end of the next-gen Model 3 — some elements of which peeked out through the covers this time.
Kilowatts was able to record a short video and take some pictures of the Project Highland Tesla Model 3 prototype. Two things were particularly interesting, the Hardware 4.0 (HW4) cameras and the addition of a rear diffuser.
Tesla has definitely redesigned the rear lights of the Model 3 refresh. The position of the blinker/indicator has also been moved from the current location as we can get an idea by looking at the video above.
The new rear lighting setup of the Project Highland Model 3 has been imagined by an artist in interesting renders. But the actual lights might differ of course.
Tesla has apparently redesigned the Model 3 refresh rear diffuser to follow the design language of the refreshed Model S. This is a good decision by Tesla in synchronizing the design pattern across the entire vehicle lineup.
The next-generation Tesla Model 3 aka Project Highland is a highly anticipated electric car globally. A big chunk of potential customers is holding their Model 3 orders to get the design refresh Model 3 despite massive discounts on the existing inventory.
Rumors of the Highland Model 3 unveiling started buzzing across social media and car news sites recently when Elon Musk was on his recent visit to China. But these rumors died fast as Musk returned to the US without revealing the revamped Model 3 to the world.
The next-gen Tesla Model 3 refresh is expected to begin production first at Giga Shanghai and then at the Fremont factory. Reportedly, both Tesla factories are preparing for its production.
- Tesla reopens Giga Texas with Master Candidate Cybertrucks and Model Y production restart
- Tesla Model 3 Highland spotted in Shanghai with Model 3+ badging, Tesla ships thousands outside China (videos)
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla Bjorn reveals Model 3 Highland’s hidden features and deeper insights from the test drive day
- Tesla Model 3 Highland detailed specs, features, and country-wise pricing
- The new more aerodynamic, efficient, and safer Tesla Model 3 earns rave reviews from auto journalists and test drivers
- Tesla reveals Model 3 Highland for China and Europe with improved range, faster charging, new wheels, and rear screen as standard
- Rumors suggest Tesla plans to reveal Project Highland Tesla Model 3 tomorrow, alleged photos leak ahead, prototypes spotted across Europe