This is the what Signature Custom Wraps call ‘Project Y-NOT’ — yeah, why not — only some custom wrapped cars look that great and in my view this is one of them.
The smurf blue type color is achieved by wrapping this Tesla Model Y in 3M Satin Ocean Shimmer and since Tesla has officially made the Model Y roof racks available in the online shop, why not a matching cargo box to make it look more amazing.
This customization shop specializes in wrapping Teslas and this is their first Tesla Model Y and probably the first customized Tesla Model Y, at least to my knowledge it is.
Signature Custom Wraps applied the following modifications to this Model Y.
- 3M Satin Ocean Shimmer
- 22” @vossen HF-4T Satin Silver
- Airlift Performance / Airdemand Struts
- XPEL XR Plus Window Tint
- Ceramic Pro Coating
- Full Alcantara Headliner
- Upgraded Performance Dash
The cargo box on top not only matches in color but also fuses with the Tesla Model Y design as well, and in the following video from the custom wrap shop that was reposted on Twitter by @TeslaChillMode with some music has gained a lot of attention from existing and potential Model Y owners.
With 66 cu ft of Tesla Model Y‘s ample storage capacity, only a few owners will need the cargo boxes with the roof racks, probably the ones going on long trips or camping or on a sports adventure like boating.
Last but not the least, some more photos of the Model Y ‘Project Y-Not’ pics that let us look at the roof cargo box closely — after all why not!
Related Model Y News & Reviews
- Tesla Model Y scores a perfect 5-star rating in NHTSA crash and rollover safety tests (videos)
- Tesla Model Y gets the heated steering wheel in a silent upgrade
- Tesla Model Y Standard Range RWD and 3rd-row seats are here (specs, leaked pics)
- Tesla Giga Shanghai is estimated to produce 500k+ Model 3 and Model Y cars in 2021, study suggests
- This orange wrapped Tesla Model Y is a sure head-turner (gallery)
- Tesla Model Y body frames spotted at the Gigafactory Berlin construction site