After the FSD Beta 10.69.3 (2022.36.15), Tesla has rolled out another update for the non-FSD Beta global fleet this week, the software update version 2022.40.4.
Since the 2022.40.4 update is relatively new, the majority of Tesla owners are still waiting for it to be available for them to download (sources: TesaScope and TeslaFi firmware trackers). This update will most probably roll out to a major chunk of Tesla owners over the weekend and next week.
The 2022.40.4 Tesla over-the-air (OTA) introduces a new door unlock method that enables the driver of the vehicle to unlock all the doors and the trunk using his door switch (for instructions read release notes below).
Tesla owners with the 2022.40.4 OTA update will now be able to enable both Sentry Mode & Dog Mode simultaneously to protect their pet and the vehicle at the same.
A small but useful change in the Tire Configuration has now been introduced by Tesla. This feature allows resetting what the car had learned about your tire configuration after you have rotated your tires.
Radio stations have now got their own logos to be easily distinguishable when browsing the list of radio stations on the center display.
Tesla has also changed the logic of how Regenerative Braking is utilized when its availability is limited due to battery temperature and/or state-of-charge (SoC).
After the energy consumption graph improvement in 2022.36, Tesla has brought some small tweaks to charging efficiency in the 2022.40.4 update. Let’s explore the official release notes of this OTA update to know how to use new features and what’s more in these new improvements.
Tesla Software Update 2022.40.4 Official Release Notes
Sentry Mode and Dog Mode
Your vehicle and pets can be kept safe by activating Sentry Mode and Dog Mode at the same time. Sentry Mode alarms are silenced if Dog Mode and Sentry Mode are both enabled. Mobile app notifications will be sent and video footage will still be saved.
Improved Charging Efficiency
During DC fast charging, the thermal system controls have been optimized for each charging station’s power capability, improving both charging and on-route battery preconditioning efficiency. This results in faster charge times and reduced energy costs.
Radio Station Logos
The media player now displays radio station logos for improved discoverability when searching for favorite stations.
Your vehicle can now automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Apply Brakes When Regenerative Braking Is Limited.
Driver Door Unlock Mode
When Driver Door Unlock Mode is enabled, long pressing the interior driver door switch will unlock all doors and the trunk. To access Driver Door Unlock Mode, tap Controls > Lock > Driver Door Unlock Mode.
Reset the learned tire settings directly after a tire rotation, swap, or replacement for an improved driving experience. To reset, tap Controls > Service > Wheel & Tire Config.
Let’s watch as a Tesla Model 3 owner goes through all of these newly-introduced features in the 2022.40.4 update.
- Tesla Semi completes its first 500-mile run with max load capacity just days before the first deliveries starting today
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) takes a 2nd look at Tesla Cybertruck — the center of gravity at the Petersen Museum
- Tesla relaunches the Referral Program which offers rewards like free Supercharging, merchandise, and solar
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)
- Tesla offers free Supercharging on Thanksgiving at select locations in the United States
- Elon Musk reinstates former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after a poll went in his favor
- Tesla starts sending Semi delivery event invites, adds the truck pictures to the Tesla mobile app