Austin, Texas-based electric automaker Tesla, Inc. has shared a video from the days of the Model Y factory construction when the Cybertruck was used as an ice cream truck for the workers. Two female employees of Giga Texas are distributing ice cream to the factory workers on a hot sunny day in this video (below).
Tesla has captioned this video as “Once upon a time at Giga Texas… 🍦” on Instagram. Tesla Cybertruck has a large enough trailer bed to store ice cream for the entire Tesla workforce working at this location.
The video also gives us some great views of the Tesla Cybertruck from different angles. Since this is a revised prototype of the Cybertruck, it has subtle design changes from the older versions that Tesla showcased a couple of years ago.
Giga Texas employees sure look happy to receive their ice cream during work when the afternoon heat is at its peak. Tesla does not have a union at the company but the automaker has its own ways to create an environment that increases the excitement for work and job satisfaction. The video above is one example.
Elon Musk has iterated several times that the Cybertruck will have a number of power outlets and amenities to allow owners to work in the field. So, a power outlet for a small freezer to keep the ice cream frozen would be a no-brainer for the Cybertruck.
In one frame, we can see the Cybertruck on the side of a Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup truck (pic below). The Cybertruck looks a bit smaller compared to a Ford F-250 but the real competitor of Tesla’s pickup truck is the Ford F-150 and the new Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup trucks.
Tesla opened Giga Texas last month with a big opening party bash named Cyber Rodeo. Tesla Model Y production has since started at the factory inside the building that we saw in the above video.
According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the design and development work of the Cybertruck will be completed this year and the automaker is set to start its production next year (2023).
Cybertruck is the most awaited product of Tesla with more than a million pre-orders on the backburner. In my opinion, it will be a bigger success even compared to what the Tesla Model 3 has been in the past few years.
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla obtains wheel cover design patent for the Cybertruck
- Tesla Semi and the Cybertruck engage in a friendly drag race outside Giga Texas (video)
- Tesla Autopilot HW4 is coming, Elon Musk to announce big things on Investor Day
- Elon Musk opens Tesla’s Global Engineering HQ in Palo Alto, pre-production Cybertrucks spotted at the event
- Close-to-production Tesla Cybertruck prototype spotted, 4-wheel steering test video, rear light update by Musk
- Elon Musk reassures that the production of the Tesla Cybertruck will start this year
- Huge parts of the 9,000-ton Tesla Cybertruck Giga Press arrive at Giga Texas
- Sandy Munro weighs in on the leaked Cybertruck casting image, intends to teardown Tesla Semi