Tesla (TSLA) has just relaunched its new Referral Program after restructuring it with a new rewards system based on credits.
As soon as a referred family or friend purchases a Tesla vehicle or energy product, the referring person earns credits which can be redeemed for free Supercharging or ordering Tesla Merchandise.
In the past, Tesla has started and discontinued the referral program multiple times. From the early days (Tesla Model 3 launch era), there have been around 80 Next-gen Tesla Roadster winners who are still waiting for their dream car prize.
In 2019, Tesla launched another referral program with attractive prizes like a Model Y every month and a Roadster every quarter but these prizes never made it to fruition.
However, the new program does not seem to promise big things like cars. But as you earn credits and they become sizable, Tesla has some cool merchandise, free charging miles, and other prizes on offer.
To redeem earned credits, You can go to the Loot Box section of their Tesla mobile app and explore the merchandise that you can get with the available credits.
Tesla referral credits expire in 12 months if no additional credits are added during this time (win another referral and the expiration date will be extended to another 12 months. Source: Tesla support website). Tesla owners are also reporting that the referral counter has been reset to zero with the newly-updated Referral Program launch.
Since Tesla has to adhere to local rules and regulations of each US state, the important thing to remember is that this new referral program is not available for the residents of Ohio and Virginia (read the official terms & conditions for further details).
Our goal is to help Tesla owners share their passion for Tesla’s products and our mission — to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As an owner, every time you bring a new friend or family member into the Tesla community, you and your friend both earn credits — you earn Referral Credits and your friend earns Buyer Credits. You also earn Loyalty Credits when you purchase additional qualifying Tesla products, as a thank you for being a loyal Tesla owner.
All of your credits have equal value and accrue under one balance in your Loot Box. Credits can be redeemed for Tesla Referral awards in the Referral Shop of the Loot Box, after the Grant Date — the date when the solar system is activated.
While there is no limit to the number of credits you can earn, credits do expire 12 months from the Grant Date. Referring additional friends or purchasing additional qualifying products on your existing Tesla account extends the expiration date for all of the credits by 12 months from the most recent Grant Date, as long as the solar activation date precedes the previous credit expiration date. Credit amounts are subject to change until the order is placed and are not redeemable for cash value. Credits cannot be transferred between accounts or assigned to other people.Check the Tesla support website for more details.
Following is a list of some items and the credits required to get them via the new Tesla Referral Program.
- J1772 Wall Connector – 11,000 credits
- Wall Connector – 6,000 credits
- CCS Combo 1 Adapter – 5,000 credits
- 2,000 Supercharger Miles – 4,800 credits
- Model X Pet Liner – 2,900 credits
- Model S/3/Y Pet Liner – 2,900 credits
- Men’s Raven Lightweight Hoodie – 2,000 credits
- Tesla Sipping Glasses – 1,750 credits
- Wall Connector Color Matched Faceplate – 1,500 credits
- Tesla Short Shorts – 1,469 credits
- Powered by the Sun License Plate Frame – 800 credits
- Men’s Let the Sun Shine Tee – 700 credits
- Kids Let the Sun Shine Tee – 700 credits
- Men’s Solar Roof/Powerwall Tee – 700 credits
- Women’s Powerwall Tee – 700 credits
- Tesla Semi completes its first 500-mile run with max load capacity just days before the first deliveries starting today
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) takes a 2nd look at Tesla Cybertruck — the center of gravity at the Petersen Museum
- Tesla relaunches the Referral Program which offers rewards like free Supercharging, merchandise, and solar
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)
- Tesla offers free Supercharging on Thanksgiving at select locations in the United States
- Elon Musk reinstates former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after a poll went in his favor
- Tesla starts sending Semi delivery event invites, adds the truck pictures to the Tesla mobile app