After the United States and Canada, Tesla is reportedly working to expand Full Self-Driving Beta testing in China. “Tesla in the higher-end market is about to start Full Self-Driving in China,” Caixin, a Chinese news agency reported (auto-translated).
After almost 3 years, Tesla CEO Elon Musk is planning to visit China. Although, the main reason for his visit is to meet the newly-appointed Chinese Premier Li Qiang. The schedule of this visit is depending on Li Qiang’s availability (reports Reuters).
Rumors suggest that Elon Musk will seize this opportunity to announce the start of FSD Beta coming to China. This will also help with free press coverage when the news of meeting the Chinese Prime Minister will be covered extensively in China and globally as well.
Tesla’s entry into the Chinese market with FSD Beta is going to be a game-changer for the automaker. Tesla first started testing FSD Beta in the US and later on expanded to Canada last year.
With an enthusiastic and sizeable customer base in China, Tesla will be able to harness large clusters of self-driving data to train its Autopilot AI neural networks.
Since FSD Beta testing is offered to Tesla owners who already have bought the Full Self-Driving Capability package, the automaker would generate another income stream. Currently, the price of Full Self-Driving Capability in China costs 64,000 Yuan which equals to around 9,300 USD.
Offering FSD Beta testing to Tesla drivers in China also suggests that the US-based electric automaker has already prepared for or has even gone through regulatory approvals. Which is btw not an easy task in China.
Regulatory compliance is the sole reason Tesla hasn’t been able to offer FSD Beta to its European customers who are anxiously waiting for it for years now.
- Tesla releases Cybertruck Delivery Event details, entry will require QR code scanning, TSLA stock price surges, more
- Watch the Tesla Cybertruck drive through the salty sea water like a boss
- Canada’s lone Cybertruck attracts massive crowds waiting in line to get a first look, more Tesla showrooms get it in the US
- Elon Musk’s iPhone wallpaper of Starship’s 2nd launch tells us a bit about his phone preferences
- Tesla silences critics with Cybertruck’s immaculate build quality and perfect panel gaps, delivers it to more showrooms before Black Friday
- Cybertruck starts hitting Tesla Showrooms confirming some features and specs
- 2nd Starship launch was a success, it went way beyond stage separation and then missing in space
- Cybertruck updates: H2O rain testing, sharp 360° 4-wheel steering turn, production at Giga Texas