Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) held its 2023 Annual Shareholder Meeting. This was the 3rd consecutive meeting at Giga Texas since the company moved its HQ to Austin, TX from Palo Alto, CA.
One of the main agendas of this year’s Tesla Shareholder Meeting was the appointment of the company’s co-founder JB Straubel as Director for the term of 3 years.
Tesla made an important announcement that the automaker will start customer deliveries of the Cybertruck this year.
Before Elon Musk announced deliveries this year, Tesla’s Chairman of the Board Robyn Denholm also said that Cybertruck production will start this year.
“We’re finally going to start to deliver production Cybertrucks this year — and the product will, if anything, exceed expectations,” Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during his presentation.
Tesla provided the opportunity for investors attending the meeting physically to take a closer look at the Cybertruck alpha prototype. The automaker placed a Cybertruck outside the company’s HQ building and visitors took some amazing pictures and videos (below).
According to visitors seeing the Cybertruck in-person, the front of the electric pickup truck has been shrunk as it gets closer to production. Tesla has done this most probably to decrease the length of the Cybertruck as the original prototype would not fit in most home garages.
Tesla has made multiple changes to the Cybertruck over time. Observers noted that the front now looks shorter. Other changes include the addition of side mirrors instead of cameras, the huge front windshield wiper, and the changes in the front lighting setup.
Tesla teased a crash test video of the Cybertruck last month. But since the automaker didn’t show what happened to the truck after the collision, the automaker mostly received negative comments and press coverage for this experiment.
This year is particularly interesting in the context of the Tesla Cybertruck production and deliveries. So, stay tuned as we update you through this journey.
- Tesla Cybertruck is Oracle’s next-gen police car, unveiled at CloudWorld 2023 by Larry Ellison
- Elon Musk takes Benjamin Netanyahu for a Cybertruck test drive, after a discussion on the future of AI and freedom of speech (videos)
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla Cybertruck deliveries likely to start in October, RC prototypes sighted off-road testing with new wheels
- Tesla Cybertruck spotted getting towed after sustaining damages in a rollover crash safety test (video)
- Cybertruck spotted wrapped as a Tundra pickup truck — after Ford, Tesla trolls Toyota (video)
- Tesla Cybertruck spotted with interior ambient lighting and front bumper camera in Austin, Texas
- Cybertruck Delivery Event: here’s how to get a chance to win an invitation from Tesla