A new video of the Tesla Cybertruck has surfaced online that shows the Cybertruck with some significant design changes.
Just earlier this week, Tesla updated the status of Cybertruck production from ‘development’ to ‘tooling’ in the company’s Q3 2022 update.
In this new video (below), the most visible change that Tesla has made to the Cybertruck is its tail lights. As the vehicle parks, a new pattern of brake lights can be seen which was never witnessed before.
In the previous Cybertruck prototypes, the rear lighting setup was just a red light slit across the tailgate (see pic below). The lighting area (the black bar) width has also been increased to accommodate the additional side brake lights we can see in the above picture.
We can also see that Tesla has added reverse lights on both sides of the Cybertruck license plate.
If we closely look at both the new prototype picture above and the photo of the old one below, we can see that Tesla has also added two red reflectors at the bottom of the tailgate as well.
We can also see possible mountings for the front and rear bullbars on this prototype. Tesla will most probably be offering optional bullbars and winch features for owners that want a rougher and off-roader-style look of the Cybertruck.
Two new covered-body shells of the Cybertruck were spotted at Giga Texas last Friday as local observer Joe Tegtmeyer was flying his drone over the factory.
Now that the Cybertruck has entered the tooling phase, these body shells were brought to Giga Texas for the sake of production machines and robot calibration to start preparation for setting up a production line. Tesla has an estimated production start timeline for the Cybetruck of late next year in the works.
- Tesla releases Cybertruck Delivery Event details, entry will require QR code scanning, TSLA stock price surges, more
- Watch the Tesla Cybertruck drive through the salty sea water like a boss
- Canada’s lone Cybertruck attracts massive crowds waiting in line to get a first look, more Tesla showrooms get it in the US
- Tesla silences critics with Cybertruck’s immaculate build quality and perfect panel gaps, delivers it to more showrooms before Black Friday
- Cybertruck starts hitting Tesla Showrooms confirming some features and specs
- Cybertruck updates: H2O rain testing, sharp 360° 4-wheel steering turn, production at Giga Texas