Tesla unveiled its 2 new Model Y color options Quicksilver and Midnight Cherry Red in Europe and the Middle East last week.
And since these new 13+ layers-deep shimmering colors have become so popular, Tesla decided to offer them as a free upgrade to existing reservation holders.
However, this is not valid for every Tesla Model Y order in place in Europe and the Middle East. The new Quicksilver (my favorite) and Midnight Cherry Red colors are only available for the higher Model Y trims of Long Range AWD and Performance.
The color Quicksilver has replaced the previous Midnight Silver Metallic and Midnight Cherry Red has replaced Red Mult-Coat (see visual comparison).
So, the customers who have placed orders for Tesla Model Y AWD or Performance with Midnight Silver Metallic will get a free upgrade to the Quicksilver paint and orders for Red Multi-Coat will be upgraded to Midnight Cherry Red at no additional cost.
Tesla is bearing the upgrade cost on its shoulders as there is a significant price difference between old and new paint colors (check the tables below).
|Midnight Silver Metallic||€1,600 Euro|
|Red Multi-Coat||€2,000 Euro|
|Midnight Cherry Red||€3,200 Euro|
|Midnight Silver Metallic||AED 6,000|
|Midnight Cherry Red||AED 12,000|
So, Tesla is giving a discount of €1,400 on the Quicksilver and €1,200 Euros on the Midnight Cherry Red color to its existing customers who ordered the Midnight Silver Metallic or Red Multi-Coat colors respectively.
Since Dollar and Euro currencies are almost running on parity, the estimated paint prices and discount is also applicable in USD.
Tesla Europe announced this free color option upgrade by emailing its customers with reservations for Giga Berlin-made Model Y Long Range AWD and Performance variants. The email reads as follows:
We have udpated your Model Y order to our newest color, Quicksilver. Developed in our advanced paint shop at Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, Quicksilver is a powerful liquid metal effect pain that accentuates the Model Y’s shape. You get the upgrade at no additional cost.Free of cost paint option upgrade email from Tesla to European customers with Model Y LR/Performance reservation holders.
- Tesla reopens Giga Texas with Master Candidate Cybertrucks and Model Y production restart
- Tesla Model 3 Highland spotted in Shanghai with Model 3+ badging, Tesla ships thousands outside China (videos)
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla Bjorn reveals Model 3 Highland’s hidden features and deeper insights from the test drive day
- Tesla Model 3 Highland detailed specs, features, and country-wise pricing
- The new more aerodynamic, efficient, and safer Tesla Model 3 earns rave reviews from auto journalists and test drivers
- Tesla reveals Model 3 Highland for China and Europe with improved range, faster charging, new wheels, and rear screen as standard
- Rumors suggest Tesla plans to reveal Project Highland Tesla Model 3 tomorrow, alleged photos leak ahead, prototypes spotted across Europe