Tesla unveiled its 2 new Model Y color options Quicksilver and Midnight Cherry Red in Europe and the Middle East last week.
And since these new 13+ layers-deep shimmering colors have become so popular, Tesla decided to offer them as a free upgrade to existing reservation holders.
However, this is not valid for every Tesla Model Y order in place in Europe and the Middle East. The new Quicksilver (my favorite) and Midnight Cherry Red colors are only available for the higher Model Y trims of Long Range AWD and Performance.
The color Quicksilver has replaced the previous Midnight Silver Metallic and Midnight Cherry Red has replaced Red Mult-Coat (see visual comparison).
So, the customers who have placed orders for Tesla Model Y AWD or Performance with Midnight Silver Metallic will get a free upgrade to the Quicksilver paint and orders for Red Multi-Coat will be upgraded to Midnight Cherry Red at no additional cost.
Tesla is bearing the upgrade cost on its shoulders as there is a significant price difference between old and new paint colors (check the tables below).
|Midnight Silver Metallic||€1,600 Euro|
|Red Multi-Coat||€2,000 Euro|
|Midnight Cherry Red||€3,200 Euro|
|Midnight Silver Metallic||AED 6,000|
|Midnight Cherry Red||AED 12,000|
So, Tesla is giving a discount of €1,400 on the Quicksilver and €1,200 Euros on the Midnight Cherry Red color to its existing customers who ordered the Midnight Silver Metallic or Red Multi-Coat colors respectively.
Since Dollar and Euro currencies are almost running on parity, the estimated paint prices and discount is also applicable in USD.
Tesla Europe announced this free color option upgrade by emailing its customers with reservations for Giga Berlin-made Model Y Long Range AWD and Performance variants. The email reads as follows:
We have udpated your Model Y order to our newest color, Quicksilver. Developed in our advanced paint shop at Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, Quicksilver is a powerful liquid metal effect pain that accentuates the Model Y’s shape. You get the upgrade at no additional cost.Free of cost paint option upgrade email from Tesla to European customers with Model Y LR/Performance reservation holders.
- An odd but interesting drag race: Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. Rivian R1T electric pickup truck
- Not just the safest, Tesla Model 3 is the greenest car as well, earns a Green NCAP 5-star rating
- Tesla Model Y in Quicksilver color goes on display at Auto Zurich 2022
- Tesla Model Y dominated European car sales in September
- In preparation for the FSD wide release, Tesla starts free camera upgrades for 2016 & 2017 Model S, 3, X
- Tesla offers a free color upgrade to Quicksilver & Cherry Red for existing orders of Model Y in Europe
- Tesla launches new Model Y colors Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red for Europe and the Middle East
- Tesla acquires permit to expand and upgrade the paint shop at Giga Texas as Model Y production ramps up