Last month, Elon Musk announced the production of the Tesla Semi has started at its Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada. He also confirmed that Tesla’s class-8 electric semi truck deliveries would begin on December 1st, 2022.
In addition, Tesla has officially announced that an entire delivery event will be organized for the Tesla Semi to celebrate this milestone. The Tesla Semi delivery event will take place at Giga Nevada on Dec 01.
PepsiCo is the lucky corporate customer that will be handed over the first-production Tesla Semis at this highly-anticipated event. However, there is no clear indication of how many Tesla Semi trucks will be delivered to PepsiCo on this day. PepsiCo has 100 Tesla Semis on order.
Tesla released an attractive dark new poster of the Tesla Semi truck for the announcement of the delivery event. As soon as this poster was shared on Twitter by Tesla and re-tweeted by CEO Elon Musk, many Tesla enthusiasts and retail investors showed their interest in attending this event.
However, it’s not an event that is open to all Tesa car owners. However, Tesla’s head of investor relations Martin Viecha explained how retail investors will be eligible to join the Tesla Semi delivery event. Martin detailed the procedure as follows:
If you want to attend the Semi delivery event as a retail shareholder, please make sure you have a verified shareholder status on our IR website (unverified manual submissions are eligible if the paperwork is correct). We’ll be doing a random draw where 1 share = 1 entry.
To verify your status as a retail investor, you need to log in to the Tesla account and go to the preferences option (direct URL: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/subscription-preferences). Here’s a screenshot of this option from my Tesla account. There are two options on this page “Auto Verify With Say” and Verify Manually.
- Tesla Semi trucks impress in real-world range and performance testing, first PepsiCo driver shares his review of the electric long hauler
- Tesla Semi and the Cybertruck engage in a friendly drag race outside Giga Texas (video)
- 38 Tesla Semi trucks spotted at Frito-Lay facility in Modesto, CA — PepsiCo to expand Megacharger network, more
- Tesla Semi 750 kW dedicated charging station, charge port, and connector, spotted in new pictures from the Frito-Lay parking lot
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Governor of Nevada to announce a new $3.5 billion Tesla Semi factory
- Tesla Semi parts catalog diagrams show its huge battery pack, other systems, and components
- Sandy Munro weighs in on the leaked Cybertruck casting image, intends to teardown Tesla Semi