Tesla has once again made changes to its 2023 Referral Program which offers significantly better perks. The new Tesla Referral Program perks apply to the automaker’s United States-based customers only.
Tesla was the first automotive company in the world that implemented the idea of customer referrals into car sales.
Tesla provides its customers with a unique referral code that they can provide to their friends and family. When someone purchases a Tesla vehicle using this code, both the referring customer and the new buyer receive perks like free Supercharging, solar roof, wall chargers, etc.
Tesla relaunched the new Referral Program after a long suspension last year. This time Tesla introduced a new structure of referral credits. These credit points could now be used to avail various bonuses, discounts, and perks. The more the credits, the more perks you can get.
Tesla announced the new perks of the Referral Program in an official tweet on Sunday. The automaker shared the following screenshots of the referral program from the Tesla Mobile App that show the newly-introduced fringe benefits.
“Refer a friend to buy a new Model 3 or Y using your referral link & give them $500 off (local currency equivalent),” Tesla wrote in its Referral Program tweet. “You’ll receive up to 10k credits that can be redeemed for Supercharging, software upgrades & more,” the automaker added.
The new perks are pretty interesting. The ‘referrers’ get credit points in their Tesla Account and the ‘buyers’ get cash discounts on their vehicle purchases.
Tesla just scored its highest production and delivery quarter in Q2 2023. With the addition of these new lucrative Referral Program perks, Tesla sales are expected to expand even further.
A Tesla owner got his referral code printed in a QR code for his Uber riders. According to him, his stock of these stickers is disappearing fast since the automaker introduced new discounts and benefits.
Number of Credits Earned with Referrals
In the revised 2023 Tesla Referral Program, Tesla owners earn the following number of credits when their referral code is used by friends or family to purchase a Tesla electric car.
- Model S: 20,000 credits
- Model X: 20,000 credits
- Model 3: 10,000 credits
- Model Y: 10,000 credits
Tesla is giving a generous amount of credits to its car owners in this update to the Tesla Referral Program in July 2023.
Buyer Perks in the 2023 Tesla Referral Program
More interestingly, buyers who use a referral code from an existing Tesla owner also get compelling discounts on the purchase price of their vehicles.
With the Referral Code discounts, the starting prices of Tesla vehicles (base variants) are going to be as follows:
- Tesla Model 3: $40,240 – $500 = $39,740
- Tesla Model Y: $47,740 – $500 = $47,240
- Tesla Model S: $88,490 – $1,000 = $87,490
- Tesla Model X: $98,490 – $1,000 = $97,490
Tesla Model 3 and Model Y also qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit. Along with the local tax credits and EV rebate programs, Tesla Model 3 can cost as low as $26K.
- Cybertruck spotted with a blue-pixel pattern wrap, Tesla might just offer wraps as a premium option
- Tesla Cybertruck is Oracle’s next-gen police car, unveiled at CloudWorld 2023 by Larry Ellison
- Elon Musk takes Benjamin Netanyahu for a Cybertruck test drive, after a discussion on the future of AI and freedom of speech (videos)
- Tesla update 2023.32.4 improves the clarity of Autopilot cameras, Model X Falcon Wing doors get new Service Mode release notes, more
- Tesla Model 3 Highland spotted in Shanghai with Model 3+ badging, Tesla ships thousands outside China (videos)
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla Cybertruck deliveries likely to start in October, RC prototypes sighted off-road testing with new wheels
- Tesla Semi trucks impress in real-world range and performance testing, first PepsiCo driver shares his review of the electric long hauler