Tesla has just made multiple changes to it’s Tesla Model Y compact electric SUV price, range, and options — the major one is the $3,000 price drop of the Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD variant, Tesla had lowered the prices of the entire lineup in late May except for the Model Y but now it gets its fair share of a ~6% price cut.
The new price of the Tesla Model Y Long Range All-Wheel-Drive is $49,990 down from the previous $52,990 USD, the Model Y just became a little bit more affordable but a Tesla Model 3 can be bought for as low as $37,990 holding the crown of the most affordable Tesla yet.
Tesla has also updated the Tesla Model Y Performance variant”s range to 291 miles (468 km) and removed the basic Performance version from the online configurator which was previously available with the 315-mile range rating, looks like the EPA website needs to be updated to show the latest range information after the changes.
The optional Performance Upgrade Package that included some extra upgrades for the Model Y Performance for no extra cost has now been included when ordering and the customer does not get the option to get a basic Performance variant, just the badass one that previously had a 280-mile range and just received an 11-mile bump with the latest changes.
Arrival of the Tesla Model Y Single Motor Long Range in the near future
Tesla CEO Elon Musk while announcing the Model Y Long Range AWD price drop on Twitter said that the automaker is working on a more affordable Long Range version with a Rear-Wheel-Drive (RWD) single motor that will be launched in the next few months.
We have reduced pricing on Model Y LR dual motor & will offer a LR single motor Y in a few months, which improves affordability, while still keeping the product excellent.Elon Musk on Twitter
In response to a tweet from a follower who guessed the price of the upcoming LR Single Motor Model Y would be around $45,000 — Elon Musk posted an eye emoji, this could be a subtle affirmation of the idea.
He gave some more hints about the possible range of this upcoming single motor Tesla Model Y SUV saying that it would be ‘significantly higher than 300 miles’, which should mean anything above the current Long Range AWD variant’s 315-mile range — 350 miles would be a great number for a more affordable Tesla Model Y, IMO.
Exciting times ahead for people willing to make a shift to the zero-emission electric vehicles but aren’t able to afford one right now, as the prices are now dropping at least for Tesla cars and with a smaller Tesla EV planned to be designed in Germany and the million-mile battery with lower costs coming to the market, EVs will become mainstream as these development unfold.
- Tesla owner gets FSD Beta 10.5 even after the CNN FUD video (release notes, test videos)
- POTUS Biden gives all the credit of the EV revolution to GM and its CEO — ignores Tesla and Elon Musk
- Tesla Semi Truck spotted charging at the first Megacharger built at Giga Nevada (pics)
- SpaceX to launch Starship to orbit for the first time in January 2022, says Musk
- Why is Elon Musk paying more taxes than he needs to, reveals Tesla (TSLA) investor
- A massive number of Tesla Model 3/Y cars spotted unloading from trains in Switzerland
- Tesla hikes Model Y price for the 2nd time in November — as Build Back Better EV incentive nears
- Watch SpaceX perform the 6-engine static fire test on Starship SN20