Tesla reportedly has finally brought a long-awaited feature to Tesla owners, the cloud-based driver profiles. Tesla update 2022.24 is introducing this feature and a few more.
This update is very new and is taking some time to be deployed since a very low number of Tesla owners have reported having the 2022.24 update available for download at this time.
Cloud Tesla Profiles (2022.24)
According to the Not A Tesla App website, Tesla is bringing this long-awaited feature to Tesla car owners worldwide. It has been almost 5 years since Elon Musk first teased this feature in the following tweet. The automaker has named them Tesla Profiles.
Driver profiles saved in Tesla’s cloud servers will allow any Tesla owner or driver to save their preferences and driving style in the cloud. This feature will allow them to reload their saved settings on any other Tesla vehicle worldwide and the car will automatically adjust to their preferences.
However, some questions in this regard need to be answered as if a profile created on a Model 3/Model Y will be able to be loaded on a Model S/ModelX. As the previous ones differ significantly from the latter in many ways such as width, height, interior options and settings, premium features, and more.
2022.24 Release Notes explain cloud profiles as:
Keep your settings and preferences synchronized across all supported vehicles using your Tesla account, including:
- Mirror, seating, and steering wheel adjustments
- Autopilot, driving, and climate control preferences
- Navigation, media, and data sharing preferences
You can set up your Tesla Profile from Driver Profile settings and change your profile picture from the Tesla Mobile app.
Blind Spot Camera Enhancements (2022.24)
Another interesting feature in this new update is the ability to adjust the Blin Spot Camera video feed on the center touchscreen display. Tesla introduced this feature in last year’s Holiday Update 2021.
Tesla blind spot camera video feed comes from the side repeater cameras (front fenders) and is displayed on the bottom left corner of the center screen. Until now, the location of this video feed has been fixed in this place but with 2022.24, users will be able to drag and drop the video feed to other designated spots on the screen as well for viewing comfort.
Stay tuned as this is a developing story and we will have more details coming about this update very soon.
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)
- FSD Beta V11 partial release notes mention single stack for highways only, Smart Summon to come next month, says Musk
- Tesla starts rollout of FSD Beta V11 (2022.40.5), confirms Elon Musk — and it most probably is single stack
- Tesla update 2022.40.4 tweaks Sentry & Dog Modes, door unlock mechanism, charging efficiency, regen braking and more
- Tesla releases FSD Beta 10.69.3 (2022.36.15) with a long list of improvements (release notes, testing videos)
- Tesla to release new energy consumption graph with useful insights and range tips in software update 2022.36
- Tesla owners with a safety score of 80 should get the invitation to download FSD Beta 10.69.2.2, confirms Elon Musk
- Tesla owners ask for a “Ride Share Mode” that protects their privacy while renting out their vehicles