The Elon Musk-Twitter saga is becoming interesting with each passing day. Yesterday, the new owner of Twitter and the richest man in the world Elon Musk visited the Twitter HQ in San Francisco, CA in an unexpected fashion — carrying a hand-washing sink.
He had the sink in his hands as he walked through the main door of the Twitter office building with a broad smile on his face. Weirdly enough, there was no staff at the reception helpdesk as Musk made his entry into the beautiful lobby of the Twitter HQ.
“Entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in,” Musk wrote along with a video of him entering the office.
Elon Musk met several product leaders and employees of Twitter on his first visit to the Twitter HQ. Before this visit, a fear among Twitter employees was accelerating that most of them will be losing their jobs as Musk takes over the company.
Because a report from The Washington Post suggested that Elon Musk intended to fire around 75% of existing Twitter employees. However his visit to the Twitter office on Wednesday gave a sigh of relief to the employees of the Silicon Valley social media giant as Musk said he will not be firing 75% of Twitter employees, Bloomberg reported.
Agarwal and other executives that Musk has fired might have been involved in escalating the lawsuit and not dropping it even after Musk agreed to buy Twitter at his original offer of $54.20 per share.
Perhaps, the sink that Musk brought in was pretty much symbolic. He gave the message that he is going to clean the company from those who he thinks are not synchronized with his future vision for Twitter.
This visit to the Twitter HQ by Elon Musk brought a wave of new memes and discussions on the social media platform. Here are some of my favorite picks.
- Tesla Model 3 involved in a terrible crash never had Full Self-Driving installed on it — confirms Elon Musk
- Tesla (TSLA) sold 1.2 million Model Y EVs in 2023, 15 GWh of energy storage, Musk predicts slower growth in 2024, more
- Starship Flight 3 likely to reach orbit, Elon Musk explains the reason for Flight 2 explosion and achievements of 2023
- Elon Musk’s X (Twitter) was down for an hour before recovering from the issues
- Tesla Cybertruck starts at $60,990 — the AWD variant might qualify for the Federal Tax Credit
- Cybertruck Delivery Event live updates, Watch the live-stream recording, more
- Elon Musk’s iPhone wallpaper of Starship’s 2nd launch tells us a bit about his phone preferences
- 2nd Starship launch was a success, it went way beyond stage separation and then missing in space