The Elon Musk-Twitter saga is becoming interesting with each passing day. Yesterday, the new owner of Twitter and the richest man in the world Elon Musk visited the Twitter HQ in San Francisco, CA in an unexpected fashion — carrying a hand-washing sink.
He had the sink in his hands as he walked through the main door of the Twitter office building with a broad smile on his face. Weirdly enough, there was no staff at the reception helpdesk as Musk made his entry into the beautiful lobby of the Twitter HQ.
“Entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in,” Musk wrote along with a video of him entering the office.
Elon Musk met several product leaders and employees of Twitter on his first visit to the Twitter HQ. Before this visit, a fear among Twitter employees was accelerating that most of them will be losing their jobs as Musk takes over the company.
Because a report from The Washington Post suggested that Elon Musk intended to fire around 75% of existing Twitter employees. However his visit to the Twitter office on Wednesday gave a sigh of relief to the employees of the Silicon Valley social media giant as Musk said he will not be firing 75% of Twitter employees, Bloomberg reported.
Agarwal and other executives that Musk has fired might have been involved in escalating the lawsuit and not dropping it even after Musk agreed to buy Twitter at his original offer of $54.20 per share.
Perhaps, the sink that Musk brought in was pretty much symbolic. He gave the message that he is going to clean the company from those who he thinks are not synchronized with his future vision for Twitter.
This visit to the Twitter HQ by Elon Musk brought a wave of new memes and discussions on the social media platform. Here are some of my favorite picks.
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers the first batch of Semi trucks to PepsiCo — Musk says “It’s A Beast”
- Elon Musk reinstates former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after a poll went in his favor
- Elon Musk’s recent visit to Mexico sparks rumors of an upcoming Tesla plant in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León
- SEC filing reveals Elon Musk is now the sole director of Twitter, Inc. — the entire board is fired
- Elon-Twitter saga: fired executives to get huge compensations, mainstream media trolled, Musk sets new Twitter ad policy
- Elon Musk enters the Twitter HQ carrying a sink, won’t be laying off 75% employees, sacks CEO, reports
- Demand for Tesla vehicles is excellent, Elon Musk on Q3 2022 Earnings Call
- Elon Musk sold 20,000 bottles of Burnt Hair perfume by the Boring Company within a day of its launch