The Elon Musk-Twitter saga is becoming interesting with each passing day. Yesterday, the new owner of Twitter and the richest man in the world Elon Musk visited the Twitter HQ in San Francisco, CA in an unexpected fashion — carrying a hand-washing sink.
He had the sink in his hands as he walked through the main door of the Twitter office building with a broad smile on his face. Weirdly enough, there was no staff at the reception helpdesk as Musk made his entry into the beautiful lobby of the Twitter HQ.
“Entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in,” Musk wrote along with a video of him entering the office.
Elon Musk met several product leaders and employees of Twitter on his first visit to the Twitter HQ. Before this visit, a fear among Twitter employees was accelerating that most of them will be losing their jobs as Musk takes over the company.
Because a report from The Washington Post suggested that Elon Musk intended to fire around 75% of existing Twitter employees. However his visit to the Twitter office on Wednesday gave a sigh of relief to the employees of the Silicon Valley social media giant as Musk said he will not be firing 75% of Twitter employees, Bloomberg reported.
However, according to the latest reports by the New York Times, CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post — Musk has already fired some top executives including CEO Parag Agrawal.
Agarwal and other executives that Musk has fired might have been involved in escalating the lawsuit and not dropping it even after Musk agreed to buy Twitter at his original offer of $54.20 per share.
Perhaps, the sink that Musk brought in was pretty much symbolic. He gave the message that he is going to clean the company from those who he thinks are not synchronized with his future vision for Twitter.
This visit to the Twitter HQ by Elon Musk brought a wave of new memes and discussions on the social media platform. Here are some of my favorite picks.
Stay tuned for more Elon Musk news, and videos. Follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Watch the Tesla Light Show synced on RRR movie’s Natu Natu song and Elon Musk absolutely loved it
- Tesla Investor Day: the ratio of humans to humanoid robots might exceed 1:1, Elon Musk shares Optimus progress
- Elon Musk opens Tesla’s Global Engineering HQ in Palo Alto, pre-production Cybertrucks spotted at the event
- Elon Musk temporarily makes his Twitter account private to test its reach, reveals content monetization plans for creators
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk tells Tesla (TSLA) employees not to worry about the company’s stock price but rather focus on the end-of-year deliveries
- Elon Musk says he will not be signing any autographs ever again (video)