Anticipation of the start of Cybertruck production is growing with each passing day as Tesla (TSLA) is extending the scope of its testing.
After multiple sightings in the United States in the past couple of weeks, the Tesla Cybertruck is now spotted in New Zealand. As New Zealand is currently going through winter, Tesla picked this spot for some cold weather testing.
According to the weather information available online, New Zealand’s cold weather is not as harsh as Canada or Alaska where Tesla usually tests its vehicles. In the lows, it goes to 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit).
So usually, in the coldest month of July, the roads are not snowy or icy like in Canada or some parts of the United States. But since it’s currently one of the few regions in the world where winter is available, Tesla chose to test the Cybertruck for cold weather before production starts in the coming weeks or months.
Pictures of the Cybertrck landing in New Zealand were shared by a Twitter account named Greggertruck. Interestingly, this prototype is also wrapped in camouflage just like the one spotted in California last week.
Tesla engineers are seen unboxing the camo-wrapped Cybertruck from its shipping container in Auckland, New Zealand.
If we take a closer look at the above Cybertruck photo from this moment, we can see that the frunk (front trunk) is in an open state. Tesla has not yet officially shown the Cybertruck frunk so it has been a mystery for a long time now.
After a couple of pics showing the frunk lid open, there has been no successful attempt to take a detailed photo of the Cybertruck frunk yet.
To fuel more excitement around this Tesla Cybertruck cold weather testing, a prototype has just been spotted leaving Singapore for New Zealand on what looks like a large cargo plane. Sana Kamal shared these discreet photos in a recent tweet he probably sourced from the port staff.
It is interesting that this Cybertruck prototype missed the eyes of Tesla enthusiasts while it was leaving the US for Singapore. However, it’s unclear if this is the same prototype we saw above and the photos came late or if it is another one leaving for New Zealand.
- Tesla reopens Giga Texas with Master Candidate Cybertrucks and Model Y production restart
- Cybertruck spotted with a blue-pixel pattern wrap, Tesla might just offer wraps as a premium option
- Tesla Cybertruck is Oracle’s next-gen police car, unveiled at CloudWorld 2023 by Larry Ellison
- Elon Musk takes Benjamin Netanyahu for a Cybertruck test drive, after a discussion on the future of AI and freedom of speech (videos)
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla Cybertruck deliveries likely to start in October, RC prototypes sighted off-road testing with new wheels
- Tesla Cybertruck spotted getting towed after sustaining damages in a rollover crash safety test (video)
- Cybertruck spotted wrapped as a Tundra pickup truck — after Ford, Tesla trolls Toyota (video)