Tesla Battery Day wasn’t only about the technological breakthroughs Tesla has achieved under the able leadership of CEO Elon Musk. This day also marked one of the most memorable and uniquely organized events in the history of the automotive industry.
Battery Day Event
To keep social distancing in place, Tesla shareholders and guests participated by parking their Teslas in the drive-in space set up in front of the stage at the automaker’s car and cell manufacturing factory in Fremont, California.
A limited number of Tesla retail investors were invited to attend the Battery Day due to the current COVID-19 situation. However, several active Tesla Community members were able to get lucky with the invites and shared their experience of the day using photos, videos, and tweets.
Besides the big stage in the center, Tesla had set up big screens on the sides for the guests to view the presentation easily. If this wasn’t enough, the Battery Day live stream display was also viewable on Tesla center touchscreens.
Current and ex-members of the Third Row Tesla Podcast also joined the big party, it was not just an event for them, it was an obsession to witness the progress towards the transition to sustainable transportation.
At the end of the event, the participants saw the following message on their Tesla center touchscreen:
Thank you for attending Battery Day.
To ensure your safety and to maintain social distancing, we will release you from your car in groups. We ask you to kindly remain in your car until your row is called.
Thank You.Tesla at Battery Day
Related: Tesla Model Y Giga Casting and Structural Battery Innovations (Battery Day Part 1)
Like every year Tesla also showcased its prototype electric vehicles at the shareholder meeting venue. This time the Cybertruck, Cyber ATV, Next-gen Roadster, and the Tesla Semi amazed the visitors.
Tesla board member and early investor Steve Jurvetson captured some great shots from killer angles, shared below for the fans of the Cybertruck and the Roadster.
If you think Steve’s above snapshot of the Tesla Cybertruck from this angle is impressive, you haven’t seen the other one from the side of the Roadster, awe-inspiring, to say the least.
Stay tuned for more, follow us on Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
Related Tesla Stories:
- Tesla phone app has a “Charge Your Non-Tesla” section, v4.19 provides better battery insights
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.2 (2022.45.11) wide release starts rolling out, watch the initial tests
- Cadillac’s China sales team parks a LYRIQ electric SUV at a Supercharger station in a desperate attempt to lure Tesla owners
- Here’s how to calibrate your Tesla Model Y or Model 3 windows using Service Mode or with manual adjustment (video)
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 11.3.1 (2022.45.10) to limited external beta testers, watch the first impression videos
- Tesla introduces ‘Ultra Red’ a fiery new Model S and Model X premium paint option