As soon as winter knocks at the door, Tesla has offered an option for Model Y owners to purchase a winter wheel and tire package. The winter package is based on the 20″ induction wheels already available in the online configurator at the time of vehicle purchase.
For the tires, Tesla has chosen the 4x 255/40R20 – PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO™ tires. This combination of the wheels and tires will provide enhanced grip and stability on wet, icy, and snowy roads.
Tesla online shop states the following description of this product:
Model Y 20″ Induction Wheel and Winter Tire Package provides maximum safety and grip when driving in wet or dry conditions and on icy or snow-covered roads. The winter package guarantees a high level of traction, stability, and braking efficiency under 45° F, so you can enjoy wherever you drive with confidence and comfort.Source: shop.tesla.com
The Tesla Model Y 20″ Induction Wheel and Winter Tire Package is priced at a whopping $4,000 and includes the following pieces:
- 4x 20X9.5J ET45 Induction wheels
- 4x 255/40R20 – PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO™ tires
- 4x Tesla logo Induction wheel center caps
- 4x tire pressure sensors
Further Read: Cold weather tips for Tesla Model S, 3, X, Y.
Tesla’s official shop also has the 19″ Gemini Wheels Winter Tire Package for $3,500 that saves you money and range compared to the Induction wheel package but it entirely depends on a Model Y owner’s budget and design choice.
The black Induction wheels look better to me personally, don’t like the chrome on the wheels these days since the Model Y has chrome delete overall as well.
Tesla offers snow chains for the Model 3 winter driving but nothing of that sort is available yet for the Model Y.
Stay tuned for more, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
More on Tesla:
- Tesla Autopilot swerves to avoid a rogue tire that had already flipped a car in mid-air (dashcam video)
- Watch how Tesla Model X Plaid electric SUV defeats a highly modified Porsche 992 Turbo S Coupe on a dragstrip
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) is going wide release, watch the early test videos
- Tesla begins the rollout of FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) with expected bug fixes in the previous version
- Watch the Tesla Light Show synced on RRR movie’s Natu Natu song and Elon Musk absolutely loved it
- Tesla engineer explains how the Drag Strip Mode feature on a Model S/X Plaid works (video)