With all the added busyness due to the Twitter deal, Tesla & SpaceX CEO hasn’t forgotten about his favorite cryptocurrency i.e. Dogecoin. In a Tweet this past Friday, he announced that buyers will soon be able to purchase the SpaceX merchandise with Dogecoin.
Earlier this year, Tesla enabled Dogecoin as a payment method in its online shop, now the SpaceX shop will follow this pattern as Musk has described in his tweet.
While the Tesla online store offers vehicle accessories and add-ons in addition to the company’s merchandise, the SpaceX store only has merch that the fans can buy. A common person does not own a rocket booster or a Starship that he/she will need spare parts or accessories for — obviously.
Musk loves Dogecoin so much that he bought some for his youngest son X Æ A-Xii last year.
Elon Musk has a shiba inu dog named Floki as a pet at his residence in Austin, Texas.
Musk also played the role of Dogefather in a comedy skit on Saturday Night Live (SNL) on May 8, 2021. He was totally obsessed with cryptocurrency and Dogecoin last year but Twitter is Musk’s fantasy for 2022.
- Starship launches from SpaceX Starbase are A-OK for the environment, FAA — first orbital flight in July, Musk
- Like Tesla, SpaceX merch will soon be buyable with Dogecoin, says Elon Musk
- SpaceX drops Starship SN20 from the first orbital flight test for a new prototype
- SpaceX delivers Starlink satellite broadband terminals to Ukraine as promised by Elon Musk
- SpaceX stacks Starship on Super Heavy Booster 4 for the 2nd time but using Chopsticks in this attempt
- SpaceX delivers Starship Transfer Tube with an Anti-Vortex Device to Starbase
- SpaceX Falcon 9 sent the NASA IXPE satellite to study black holes, neutron stars, pulsars, and beyond
- SpaceX enthusiast designs a 1:110 scale LEGO Starship