With all the added busyness due to the Twitter deal, Tesla & SpaceX CEO hasn’t forgotten about his favorite cryptocurrency i.e. Dogecoin. In a Tweet this past Friday, he announced that buyers will soon be able to purchase the SpaceX merchandise with Dogecoin.
Earlier this year, Tesla enabled Dogecoin as a payment method in its online shop, now the SpaceX shop will follow this pattern as Musk has described in his tweet.
While the Tesla online store offers vehicle accessories and add-ons in addition to the company’s merchandise, the SpaceX store only has merch that the fans can buy. A common person does not own a rocket booster or a Starship that he/she will need spare parts or accessories for — obviously.
Musk loves Dogecoin so much that he bought some for his youngest son X Æ A-Xii last year.
Elon Musk has a shiba inu dog named Floki as a pet at his residence in Austin, Texas.
Musk also played the role of Dogefather in a comedy skit on Saturday Night Live (SNL) on May 8, 2021. He was totally obsessed with cryptocurrency and Dogecoin last year but Twitter is Musk’s fantasy for 2022.
- Starship, OLM, and Mechazilla get thousands of upgrades in preparation for the 2nd orbital flight test, FAA holds approval, Starbase updates
- Starbase update: SpaceX conducts 2nd static fire test on Booster 9, Starship factory expands, Mid Bay demolished, more
- Starship Booster 9 static fire served as a test bed for the new OLM water deluge system
- SpaceX tests the massive new Starship OLM water deluge system at full scale, Booster 9 propellant load test, Starbase updates
- SpaceX lifts Booster 9 onto the orbital launch pad ahead of tests, expands the Starship factory, more from Starbase, Texas
- Starship to get 3 more vacuum engines for a total of 42, SpaceX upgrades OLM at Starbase, Raptor V3 attains new milestone
- SpaceX performs a 6-engine static fire test on Starship 25 as it gets ready for the next orbital launch
- SpaceX starts rebuilding the Orbital Launch Mount at Starbase in preparation for the next Starship launch