With all the added busyness due to the Twitter deal, Tesla & SpaceX CEO hasn’t forgotten about his favorite cryptocurrency i.e. Dogecoin. In a Tweet this past Friday, he announced that buyers will soon be able to purchase the SpaceX merchandise with Dogecoin.
Earlier this year, Tesla enabled Dogecoin as a payment method in its online shop, now the SpaceX shop will follow this pattern as Musk has described in his tweet.
While the Tesla online store offers vehicle accessories and add-ons in addition to the company’s merchandise, the SpaceX store only has merch that the fans can buy. A common person does not own a rocket booster or a Starship that he/she will need spare parts or accessories for — obviously.
Musk loves Dogecoin so much that he bought some for his youngest son X Æ A-Xii last year.
Elon Musk has a shiba inu dog named Floki as a pet at his residence in Austin, Texas.
Musk also played the role of Dogefather in a comedy skit on Saturday Night Live (SNL) on May 8, 2021. He was totally obsessed with cryptocurrency and Dogecoin last year but Twitter is Musk’s fantasy for 2022.
- Gwynne Shotwell takes charge of the Starship program, SpaceX produces the 200th Raptor 2 engine, Starlink V2 satellites spotted at Starbase, more
- SpaceX updates: Starship 24 re-stacked on Booster 7 at Starbase, completion of 100 Starlink launches from SLC-40, Florida (videos)
- SpaceX stacks Starship 24 on Super Heavy Booster 7 probably for the last time before the 1st orbital flight test
- SpaceX performs Rapid Relight test on a Raptor 2 engine at McGregor, upgrades Orbital Launch Mount at Starbase (videos)
- SpaceX eyes November for the first Starship orbital flight test, more updates from Starbase
- SpaceX moves Starship Super Heavy Booster 8 to the Starbase launch site after Booster 7 static fire tests (videos)
- Starship update: static fire tests at Starbase, launch tower near completion at LC-39A, Florida, more
- Tesla vehicles will connect to Starlink V2 satellites in the future, T-Mobile & SpaceX CEOs announce a huge collaboration