The first week of December is gone and according to Tesla tradition, Tesla vehicle owners expect a beefy update with useful features and fun updates this Holiday Season as well.
The ones that Tesla owners are anxiously waiting for are the Apple Music and myQ smart garage controller integrations.
While the coming of the Apple Music app rumors are strong, it isn’t 100% confirmed yet for the 2022 Tesla Holiday Update. The myQ garage opener app is confirmed as screenshots have leaked for this feature.
Other rumored features coming in this year’s Tesla Holiday Update are:
- Improved music player with a moveable application window (tap+hold and drag around).
- Remote light show scheduling
- Remote emissions testing mode (farts using your Tesla mobile app)
- New video games
These new features have been leaked by @TeslaScope via Twitter with the help of information they acquired from Tesla’s internal early access testers.
However, for the myQ garage controller support, Teslascope got some concrete evidence with screenshots from their source at Tesla. This new app is named “myQ Connected Garage” and the available screenshot from the Tesla vehicle center display shows some useful features and interesting customization options.
In the above screen capture of the myQ Connected Garage dialogue box, we can see that there is an option to have multiple garages configured in the app such as Home Garage 1, Home Garge 2, etc.
The app also allows the vehicle mirrors to auto-fold when entering or leaving your garage. You can also set the arrival distance in feet when the door garage door will automatically open for your car.
HomeLink Automatic Garage Opener is already integrated with Tesla vehicle software. The automaker is introducing the myQ Connected Garage app as another option for automatic garage door shut and open functionality.
However, myQ garage opener is a subscription-based app starting at $3 per month while you can buy HomeLink for a one-time payment of $300. But good Holiday Season deals are available on Amazon for HomeLink at the time of this writing.
If you own multiple Tesla vehicles, a single myQ Connected Garage app subscription will be enough for all of the cars. But for HomeLink, you will have to buy multiple licenses. So, myQ is a cheaper option compared to HomeLink when it comes to automatic garage openers.
Tesla has now rolled out this year’s Holiday Update version 2022.44.25 (get the full release notes and details).
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla software update 2023.12.1.1 comes with new features like Scroll Wheel Customization, Zoom Meetings, Text Size, and more (Release Notes)
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta v11.4 (2023.6.15) with a wide array of improvements to lane handling (Release Notes)
- Tesla FSD Beta V11 learns how to keep a safe distance from large trucks & vehicles, watch v11.3.6 tests and reviews
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.4 (2022.45.13) receives mostly positive reviews but some issues linger on (videos)
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) is going wide release, watch the early test videos
- Tesla begins the rollout of FSD Beta v11.3.3 (2022.45.12) with expected bug fixes in the previous version
- Tesla phone app has a “Charge Your Non-Tesla” section, v4.19 provides better battery insights
- Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.2 (2022.45.11) wide release starts rolling out, watch the initial tests
2 replies on “Tesla Holiday Update leaks: myQ garage support, Apple Music, remote farts, and more”
I have attached my remote controller at the back of the bottom of the screen with double sided tape.
So I don’t need homelink or wifi.
All I have to do is press the button hidden behind the screen.
Yeah, if Elon can’t deliver fsd, then throw’em all a goody bag.