The first week of December is gone and according to Tesla tradition, Tesla vehicle owners expect a beefy update with useful features and fun updates this Holiday Season as well.
The ones that Tesla owners are anxiously waiting for are the Apple Music and myQ smart garage controller integrations.
While the coming of the Apple Music app rumors are strong, it isn’t 100% confirmed yet for the 2022 Tesla Holiday Update. The myQ garage opener app is confirmed as screenshots have leaked for this feature.
Other rumored features coming in this year’s Tesla Holiday Update are:
- Improved music player with a moveable application window (tap+hold and drag around).
- Remote light show scheduling
- Remote emissions testing mode (farts using your Tesla mobile app)
- New video games
These new features have been leaked by @TeslaScope via Twitter with the help of information they acquired from Tesla’s internal early access testers.
However, for the myQ garage controller support, Teslascope got some concrete evidence with screenshots from their source at Tesla. This new app is named “myQ Connected Garage” and the available screenshot from the Tesla vehicle center display shows some useful features and interesting customization options.
In the above screen capture of the myQ Connected Garage dialogue box, we can see that there is an option to have multiple garages configured in the app such as Home Garage 1, Home Garge 2, etc.
The app also allows the vehicle mirrors to auto-fold when entering or leaving your garage. You can also set the arrival distance in feet when the door garage door will automatically open for your car.
HomeLink Automatic Garage Opener is already integrated with Tesla vehicle software. The automaker is introducing the myQ Connected Garage app as another option for automatic garage door shut and open functionality.
However, myQ garage opener is a subscription-based app starting at $3 per month while you can buy HomeLink for a one-time payment of $300. But good Holiday Season deals are available on Amazon for HomeLink at the time of this writing.
If you own multiple Tesla vehicles, a single myQ Connected Garage app subscription will be enough for all of the cars. But for HomeLink, you will have to buy multiple licenses. So, myQ is a cheaper option compared to HomeLink when it comes to automatic garage openers.
Tesla has now rolled out this year’s Holiday Update version 2022.44.25 (get the full release notes and details).
- Tesla to fix auto wiper issues with an OTA software update soon
- Cybertruck gets its first massive OTA software update version 2024.2.3 (Release Notes), Tesla fixes recall 24V-051, new features, games, more
- Tesla (TSLA) rolls out Autopilot FSD Beta 12 to limited non-employee owners for extra cautious testing (video)
- Tesla Cybertruck’s on-screen 3D visualization has insane attention to detail (video)
- FSD v12 becomes Beta, Tesla releases version 12.1 to employees, it’s a completely new architecture, says Musk
- 2023 Tesla Holiday Update rollout is in full swing (2023.44.30), watch the High Fidelity 3D Park Assist feature in action