The first week of December is gone and according to Tesla tradition, Tesla vehicle owners expect a beefy update with useful features and fun updates this Holiday Season as well.
The ones that Tesla owners are anxiously waiting for are the Apple Music and myQ smart garage controller integrations.
While the coming of the Apple Music app rumors are strong, it isn’t 100% confirmed yet for the 2022 Tesla Holiday Update. The myQ garage opener app is confirmed as screenshots have leaked for this feature.
Other rumored features coming in this year’s Tesla Holiday Update are:
- Improved music player with a moveable application window (tap+hold and drag around).
- Remote light show scheduling
- Remote emissions testing mode (farts using your Tesla mobile app)
- New video games
These new features have been leaked by @TeslaScope via Twitter with the help of information they acquired from Tesla’s internal early access testers.
However, for the myQ garage controller support, Teslascope got some concrete evidence with screenshots from their source at Tesla. This new app is named “myQ Connected Garage” and the available screenshot from the Tesla vehicle center display shows some useful features and interesting customization options.
In the above screen capture of the myQ Connected Garage dialogue box, we can see that there is an option to have multiple garages configured in the app such as Home Garage 1, Home Garge 2, etc.
The app also allows the vehicle mirrors to auto-fold when entering or leaving your garage. You can also set the arrival distance in feet when the door garage door will automatically open for your car.
HomeLink Automatic Garage Opener is already integrated with Tesla vehicle software. The automaker is introducing the myQ Connected Garage app as another option for automatic garage door shut and open functionality.
However, myQ garage opener is a subscription-based app starting at $3 per month while you can buy HomeLink for a one-time payment of $300. But good Holiday Season deals are available on Amazon for HomeLink at the time of this writing.
If you own multiple Tesla vehicles, a single myQ Connected Garage app subscription will be enough for all of the cars. But for HomeLink, you will have to buy multiple licenses. So, myQ is a cheaper option compared to HomeLink when it comes to automatic garage openers.
Tesla has now rolled out this year’s Holiday Update version 2022.44.25 (get the full release notes and details).
- FSD Beta 184.108.40.206 (2023.27.6) gets mostly positive reviews from testers, Tesla adds a new Data Sharing agreement prompt in the update
- Tesla update 2023.32.4 improves the clarity of Autopilot cameras, Model X Falcon Wing doors get new Service Mode release notes, more
- Tesla adds the Traffic Flow speed matching feature for highways in FSD Beta v11.4.6 (video)
- Tesla starts rolling out FSD Beta 11.4.6 (2023.7.26) to non-employees, early testers report improvements in various scenarios
- Tesla adds Automatic Headlights with wipers and a ton of new features in the 2023.26 update (Release Notes)
- Tesla adds Camera Preview feature and new TPMS info in software update 2023.20.4.1
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta v11.4.4 (2023.7.20) with a focus on VRUs, oncoming, and cut-in vehicles (Release Notes)
- Here’s how Tesla Car Wash Mode works