Tesla & SpaceX CEO, Chief Twit of Twitter, and the world’s richest billionaire Elon Musk just said that he will not be doing any more autographs from now on. He said this to a small crowd of fans as he came out of an airport terminal a few days ago.
Since Elon Musk bought Twitter in October, he has been traveling between San Francisco and Austin a lot to manage the affairs of his companies with HQs in California and Texas.
So, this was probably the Oakland, CA Airport where Musk’s fans were already expecting him to come out of the General Aviation Terminal. As soon as he appeared from the terminal, guys started requesting his autograph signatures but Musk refused from a distance.
“To be clear, I’m not doing any more signings ever again,” Elon Musk said to the people waiting in line to get his autograph. Someone asked if he’s not signing even tonight, and Musk said “No” while he was surrounded by his bodyguards.
Elon Musk’s recent changes to Twitter, political comments, and reinstating the former US President Donald Trump’s account have attracted a significant amount of hate towards him. These factors must have raised security concerns for Elon Musk who’s one of the most important and influential people of the 21st century.
The security concerns and political debate on Twitter are resulting in a distance between Elon Musk and his fans both in the online and the real worlds. Just last year before his SNL appearance, he was swarmed by fans in New York and he freely gave signings to them.
This is the first time Elon Musk has openly refused to give signings to his fans. This might put a dent in the passionate community of Tesla & SpaceX enthusiasts he has built over the past decade — which Twitter seems to have changed in a matter of few months.
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk tells Tesla (TSLA) employees not to worry about the company’s stock price but rather focus on the end-of-year deliveries
- Elon Musk says he will not be signing any autographs ever again (video)
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers the first batch of Semi trucks to PepsiCo — Musk says “It’s A Beast”
- Elon Musk reinstates former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after a poll went in his favor
- Elon Musk’s recent visit to Mexico sparks rumors of an upcoming Tesla plant in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León
- SEC filing reveals Elon Musk is now the sole director of Twitter, Inc. — the entire board is fired