Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) has just updated its website and the online car configurator for its flagship Model S sedan and Model X SUV to add the new Ultra Red premium paint option.
This new color option comes as a surprise as Tesla enthusiasts were surfing the electric automaker’s website. The new Ultra Red color has now replaced the previous Red Multi-Coat paint option.
Since the new Ultra Red paint option looks better than the Red Multi-Coat IMO (see comparison images below) and most probably has more layers of coating, the automaker has raised the price a bit. While Red Multi-Coat was priced at $2,500 — the Ultra Red color option has a price tag of $3,000 in the United States.
However, Tesla has launched the new Ultra Red paint option for Model S and Model X globally for all markets. Here’s the list of prices of the Tesla Ultra Red paint in different countries and regions:
- Canada – $4,000
- Europe – €3,200
- China – ¥25,000 (~$3,600 USD)
- UK – Price not yet available
Interestingly, the estimated delivery date for the Model S and X does not change when the Ultra Red exterior color option is selected. For the US, the estimated delivery date remains in Mar 2023. For China, it is Q2 2023, and for Europe Tesla says it would be Apr – June 2023.
Ultra Red vs. Red Multi-Coat
I have compiled some images taken from the Tesla Model S website for a visual comparison of the new Ultra Red color and the now-discontinued Red Multicoat.
Let us know which color is better in your opinion in the comments section below.
The new Ultra Red Model S and Model X is a darker shimmering color compared to the old Red Multi-Coat which is brighter and flat as we can see in the pictures above and below.
The above pictures of the Model S are taken from the Tesla Model S website’s new and old homepages which are real-life photos. Comparison photos below are taken from the Tesla Model S online car configurator which are computer renders of the vehicle.
Ultra Red looks somewhat close to the Midnight Cherry Red that Tesla introduced in Europe and the Middle East last year (only available on Giga Berlin-made Model Y SUVs).
Tesla most probably upgraded the paint shop at its Fremont car factory in California which is the only Tesla factory manufacturing Model S and Model X vehicles.
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla introduces ‘Ultra Red’ a fiery new Model S and Model X premium paint option
- Tesla obtains wheel cover design patent for the Cybertruck
- Tesla Semi and the Cybertruck engage in a friendly drag race outside Giga Texas (video)
- Tesla makes massive decrease in Model S/X prices, shuffles Model Y/3 prices a bit (new price list)
- Tesla Investor Day: the ratio of humans to humanoid robots might exceed 1:1, Elon Musk shares Optimus progress
- Tesla (TSLA) Investor Day: the next Gigafactory will be built in Mexico, Elon Musk
- Tesla celebrates the production of 4,000 Model Y SUVs in a week at Giga Berlin
- Tesla Autopilot HW4 is coming, Elon Musk to announce big things on Investor Day