Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) today released the number of cars produced and delivered in the first quarter of 2023. The automaker has scored another record quarter for vehicle deliveries by a mile compared to the same quarter last year.
Tesla even beat Q1 2023 Wall Street delivery estimates by a reasonably good margin. Wall Street analysts believed the automaker would deliver a maximum of 420,000 cars.
Tesla delivered 422,875 vehicles in Q1 2022 globally. Out of these Tesla Model Y and Model 3 account for a majority share of 412,180 cars.
Tesla delivered a total of 10,695 Model S and Model X luxury electric vehicles combined. Tesla Model S/X deliveries dropped around 37% compared to Q4 2022.
Usually, the 1st quarter of the year marks a low sales volume in the automotive industry. Tesla Model S and Model X seem to have gotten the hit but Model 3 and Model Y are not affected by this yearly phenomenon.
Tesla Q1 2023 Vehicle Production & Deliveriy Numbers
|Production||Deliveries||Subject to lease accounting|
Tesla’s relatively new factories, i.e. Giga Texas and Giga Berlin are now also playing an important role in the growth of the automaker’s production numbers each quarter. Just last week Tesla reported that Giga Berlin has reached production capacity of 5,000 Model Y vehicles per week.
Giga Texas on the other hand is reportedly producing 4,000 Model Ys per week. Adding a handsome number of cars to Tesla’s overall car production volume.
Q1 2023 Earnings Call Date
Tesla has also disclosed the date for this year’s 1st quarter earnings call along with the production and delivery numbers.
Tesla’s Q1 2023 Earnings Call will take place on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Tesla published the following information for Q1 2023 Earnings Call on its investor relations website:
Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2023 after market close on Wednesday, April 19, 2023. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2023 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.
What: Date of Tesla Q1 2023 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Time: 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Q1 2023 Update: https://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: https://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)
- Tesla (TSLA) will need an all-time record quarter (Q4) to deliver 1.8M vehicles in 2023 — Q3 Earnings Call, more
- Tesla announces Cybertruck Delivery Event date, Elon Musk shares Cybertruck production challenges
- Tesla (TSLA) vehicle deliveries dropped in Q3 2023 compared to the previous quarter but grew year-over-year
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla (TSLA) scores record revenue in Q2 2023, gross margin drops to 18.2%, Earnings Call highlights, more
- Tesla (TSLA) deliveries grew 10% QoQ and 83% YoY with a record-smashing Q2 2023
- Elon Musk believes autonomy and high-volume low-margin sales are the keys to success for Tesla, the Wall Street isn’t convinced
- Ex-Tesla (TSLA) CTO JB Straubel to be voted to join the company’s board at the 2023 Annual Shareholder Meeting