Tesla started rolling out the new FSD Beta update version 188.8.131.52 (firmware build 2023.27.6) yesterday. According to an initial set of users, this update has smoothened the drive for them compared to the previous version (11.4.6).
Tesla did not publish new Release Notes for the FSD Beta v184.108.40.206 update and they remain the same as v11.4.4.
According to Tesla software tracking website TeslaFi.com, the 2023.27.6 (FSD Beta 220.127.116.11) update is deployed to a limited number of users. Only 103 Tesla owners have received this update so far. Tesla might be testing this update with a limited number of non-employee beta testers (review videos below).
Tesla’s Revised Data Sharing Terms
When a Tesla owner joins the FSD Beta testing program, a Data Sharing dialog box appears after installing FSD Beta 18.104.22.168 (2023.27.6). This dialog box asks Tesla owners for multiple permissions for data collection from their vehicles for Autopilot analytics and improvement including the cabin camera analytics (screenshots below).
Tesla owners can share or block multiple types of video and driving data with the automaker. Tesla is asking its customers to share data and videos in the following 5 areas:
- Autopilot Analytics and Improvements
- Vehicle Start and End Drive Data
- Data When Parked
- Cabin Camera Analytics
- Charging Data Analytics
For each segment, data sharing can be toggled on or off. Tesla drivers can opt to be asked for data-sharing options each time they drive the car by tapping the “Ask Each Drive” checkmark.
In the Data Sharing prompt, Tesla highlights the following 4 main points that it commits to its customers who opt-in allowing the automaker to use their vehicle’s video and driving data:
Our Committment to You
- We do not sell your data to anyone for any purpose, period.
- We use data to improve and create new safety and convenience features.
- We apply precision anonymization like blurring external camera data.
- Unless there is a safety-critical event, camera data is not linked to your VIN.
FSD Beta 22.214.171.124 Reviews
Tesla has made undocumented self-driving improvements in the FSD Beta 126.96.36.199 (2023.27.6) update as users are mainly posting positive reviews through social media and YouTube videos.
For example in the following video by Chris (@Dirty Tesla), FSD Beta on v188.8.131.52 takes a busy intersection effortlessly. However, the lane drifting issue is still not fixed in this Autopilot update.
As the 11.4.4 Release Notes mention, Tesla is constantly improving Autopilot behavior for pedestrians and other vulnerable road users (VRUs), FSD Beta 184.108.40.206 started braking very early for pedestrians at a crosswalk. Later on in the video, his Tesla vehicle also acts confidently and smoothly around pedestrians even when they are illegally crossing the road at a red light and at crowded turns and intersections.
@TechGeek Tesla is relatively a new FSD Beta tester who posts his reviews of the self-driving system on YouTube. He drove his Tesla vehicle on FSD Beta v220.127.116.11 after downloading the update yesterday. Interestingly, the vehicle also slowed down from a far distance for some turkeys that were trying to cross the road ahead.
Then there is Omar (@Whole Mars Catalog) who drove his in San Francisco with zero disengagement (interventions by the driver). “My first drive on Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta 18.104.22.168 in San Francisco. My Tesla drove from parking lot to parking lot with zero interventions. Crazy how it can now handle complex urban traffic like it’s nothing,” he wrote in the video description.
Tesla is still keeping with FSD Beta V11 while the company’s CEO Elon Musk demonstrated FSD V12 on his personal car last month. If Tesla does not release FSD 12 this Christmas, we can expect a longer delay and more dot updates for V11 in the meantime.
- Tesla tests FSD V12 on Chuck Cook’s unprotected left turn (UPL) in Jacksonville, Florida
- FSD Beta 22.214.171.124 (2023.27.6) gets mostly positive reviews from testers, Tesla adds a new Data Sharing agreement prompt in the update
- Tesla update 2023.32.4 improves the clarity of Autopilot cameras, Model X Falcon Wing doors get new Service Mode release notes, more
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla FSD 12 wide release becomes imminent as Tesla removes ‘Autosteer on city streets’ feature from the Coming Soon list
- Elon Musk demonstrates Tesla FSD 12 in a live stream on X, not a single line of code is used to build this non-beta version of Autopilot
- Tesla adds the Traffic Flow speed matching feature for highways in FSD Beta v11.4.6 (video)
- Tesla starts rolling out FSD Beta 11.4.6 (2023.7.26) to non-employees, early testers report improvements in various scenarios