Famous DJ and record producer Tijs Michiel Verwest aka Tiësto took to Instagram to share a picture of himself with the Cybertruck. Interestingly, his statement suggests that this is Elon Musk’s personal Cybertruck.
On Sunday, Tiësto drove the Cybertruck to the F1 Grand Prix race event at Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas. In the emotional Instagram post, Tiësto referred to Elon Musk as his “twin brother”.
“I took my twin brother’s truck to the race,” Tiësto wrote in the post tagging official accounts of the F1 Grand Prix, ESPN, and Tesla, Inc. (TSLA).
Tiësto went to the F1 Grand Prix main event on Sunday for the post-race celebrations that we can see in the Instagram post embedded above. This time, the acclaimed DJ went to the event with a completely different swag — in the disruptive and tradition-breaking Cybertruck.
Tesla has not yet started customer deliveries of the Cybertruck (scheduled to start on 30th November). So, anyone outside of Tesla does not have access to a Cybertruck. But there are always exceptions and twin brothers fall under one for sure.
Tiësto’s Cybertruck post has received 68,748 likes as of this writing. Getting an influencer with 7.2 million followers to give you a ton of free advertising is only peculiar to Tesla. Traditional automotive companies can only dream of such coverage without paying hefty amounts to social media influencers and celebrities.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk as a leader of the company did not choose conventional advertisement methods for his automotive company since its inception. Instead, he opted for contemporary marketing techniques by utilizing digital presence and social media channels to drive sales organically. With 161 million followers on X (formerly Twitter), he is an online marketing powerhouse himself. Not to forget all the free press Tesla and Elon Musk receive even for their mistakes.
- Watch how Tesla Cybertruck performs in a crash safety test against ICE pickup trucks
- Tesla Cybertruck starts at $60,990 — the AWD variant might qualify for the Federal Tax Credit
- Cybertruck Delivery Event live updates, Watch the live-stream recording, more
- Tesla releases Cybertruck Delivery Event details, entry will require QR code scanning, TSLA stock price surges, more
- Watch the Tesla Cybertruck drive through the salty sea water like a boss
- Canada’s lone Cybertruck attracts massive crowds waiting in line to get a first look, more Tesla showrooms get it in the US