So what the life of Tesla & SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has been like since his childhood? 3D animator Andy Front summarizes this in a 5+ min animation video he published in 2018 and it has garnered 3 million views on YouTube to date.
The starting scene opens in a school where a young Elon Musk studies, even after the school time is off, he is seen deeply immersed in his book, unaware of his environment. Then suddenly another kid starts bullying him, and in real life, Elon Musk was actually bullied in his school days.
In the next scene, he’s seen reaching his home’s attic where there lie a computer and a telescope. It is true that he started using the computer at an early age (just like me), and even created a video game named Blastar in 1984 which can still be played online here. He was just 12 at this time and earned $500 from a magazine publishing the video game’s source code.
Zip 2, X.com, Paypal
The next scenes summarize Elon Musk’s first startup Zip 2 which he co-founded with his brother Kimbal Musk and a family friend Greg Kouri. Zip 2 was a software/web solution that provided online city guides for newspaper publishers. Elon Musk made $22 million when Zip 2 was acquired by Compaq Computers for $305 million.
Elon Musk’s next venture was X.com, an online payment solution that became the prelude to today’s Paypal. Elon Musk re-acquired the x.com domain from Paypal in 2017 and since then it shows only the letter ‘x’ in the top-left corner, he announced this launch in the following tweet at the time.
Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, Mars
The rest of the video is a fast-forward rundown of Elon Musk’s various companies like Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, and his ambition of reaching Mars and making life multi-planetary.
Elon Musk with the help of the original Tesla Roadster showed to the world that electric cars were fully capable of what the internal combustion cars can do without compromising on looks and performance.
SpaceX is also constantly moving in the right direction towards the ultimate Mar mission. Elon Musk’s space exploration company recently helped NASA return human spaceflight to the United States after more than a decade, an important milestone towards the next Moon and Mars missions.
At the end of the video when Elon Musk reaches Mars and is exploring the red planet when suddenly the original Tesla Roadster with the Starman falls from the sky, a nice unexpected entry.
For more interesting stories on Elon Musk, Tesla, and Space follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla will have its ChatGPT moment with Full Self-Driving cars, says Elon Musk
- Elon Musk arrives at the Tesla Lithium groundbreaking in a Cybertruck with a tool rack (video)
- Elon Musk denies any knowledge of the emerald mines or inheriting anything from his father
- Elon Musk believes autonomy and high-volume low-margin sales are the keys to success for Tesla, the Wall Street isn’t convinced
- SpaceX starts rebuilding the Orbital Launch Mount at Starbase in preparation for the next Starship launch
- SpaceX Starship launch was a success despite ending in a RUD (videos, pics)
- SpaceX is opening a new Starlink manufacturing facility in Bastrop, Texas and has started hiring already
- SpaceX called off today’s Starship launch due to a 1st-stage frozen valve issue