Tesla CEO Elon Musk held a speech at Gigafactory Berlin after personally delivering the first Model Y electric SUVs to their happy owners.
He also talked briefly after the first delivery and his new dance moves but the detailed address, later on, revealed how the automaker plans to utilize the potential of the massive Giga Berlin facility.
Elon Musk basically addressed the enthusiastic Giga Berlin employees in his speech. Media and some Tesla social media influencers and local Giga Berlin observers were also present at the event (full speech video below).
One of the attendees from the crowd chanted “Elon, we love you”. No doubt Musk is the most admired CEO of a multi-national trillion-dollar company.
Musk started the speech in the German language that most of the audience understood and admired. He did the same when he addressed the public on the day of the Giga Berlin Giga Fest held last year in October.
“Remember, that every car that we make is a step in the direction of a sustainable future,” Musk started his speech after thanking Giga Berlin employees and recalling how excited were the Model Y customers when receiving their cars.
“You know, the thing about this factory and the cars that we make is that it gives people hope about the future,” Musk said.
“It’s very important to have reasons to be excited about the future — because often people are depressed or sad about the future because they think it won’t be good but what we’re doing here is — with every car we make and every battery we make, we’re making the future better,” Musk further explained why Tesla employees and the world should be hopeful for the future.
Musk told his Tesla employees at Giga Berlin that what they are doing is far more than just a simple job, it really matters and it makes a difference in the world we live in today and our generations will inherit from us in the future.
Just about 2 and a half minutes into his address, Elon Musk said that he is working on Tesla Master Plan Part 3. He had tweeted about this on Twitter about a week ago. But today gave some hint to what it is about.
Elon Musk wrote his 1st Master Plan in 2006 that is still available to read on the official Tesla blog. This was a time when only a handful of people knew about Tesla or electric vehicles.
Around 10 years later, Musk unveiled the next phase of this master plan that he called Master Plan, Part Deux, the summary of which is:
– Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage.Elon Musk’s Master Plan, Part Deux.
– Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments.
– Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning.
– Enable your car to make money for you when you aren’t using it.
Talking about the next Master Plan Part 3, Musk said, “a huge part of that is scaling to high volume”.
So, in order for us to really affect the world in a positive way, because we get a lot of press, we get a lot of attention, but if you say how many vehicles we made as a percentage of total vehicles in the world, because there is two billion vehicles in the world.
Well, so far we actually are well below 1 percent, we’re not even half a percent. So it’s essential for us to really affect the future in a positive way, we have to make a lot of cars — that’s the only way.Elon Musk at Giga Berlin on Mar 22, 2022 (full speech video below).
Elon Musk has always been trying to scale up production and has presented the idea of an Alien Dreadnought in the past. In an Alien Dreadnought at a manufacturing plant, a massive number of robots would be working without much human intervention. Perhaps, Elon Musk will reveal that he’s planning to integrate more robots at Tesla plants such as the Tesla humanoid robot revealed last year.
Tesla has started Giga Berlin with the production of Model Y midsize electric SUV which has a huge demand worldwide. But Musk has revealed that Tesla Inc. (TSLA) will be making additional vehicles here as well.
Back in 2020, Elon Musk had said that a new Tesla electric hatchback will probably be designed in Germany.
Now he’s saying that overall Gigafactory Berlin is going to be “a center of excellence for sustainable energy in general and it’s really gonna help the world”.
Elon Musk took questions from the audience after his speech that can be listened to in the complete video below.
- Tesla Semi completes its first 500-mile run with max load capacity just days before the first deliveries starting today
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) takes a 2nd look at Tesla Cybertruck — the center of gravity at the Petersen Museum
- Tesla relaunches the Referral Program which offers rewards like free Supercharging, merchandise, and solar
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)
- Tesla offers free Supercharging on Thanksgiving at select locations in the United States
- Elon Musk reinstates former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after a poll went in his favor
- Tesla starts sending Semi delivery event invites, adds the truck pictures to the Tesla mobile app