Tesla just started delivering Giga Berlin-made Model Y electric SUVs to the first customers last week. On the delivery day, the automaker just handed over 30 Model Ys to its customers who were actually Giga Berlin employees.
Today, a Tesla YouTuber Lars Strandridder witnessed 5 Model Y Performance cars getting delivered at a store in Denmark.
It is surprising yet interesting that in a short span of one week, Tesla has started delivering cars to other European countries hundreds of miles away.
The Tesla Store in Aarhus, Denmark hosted the first delivery event of the Model Y outside of Germany. This store handed over 5 top of the Model Y Performance cars at this delivery center today.
As we reported earlier, Giga Berlin is currently only producing the Performance variants of the Model Y to maximize production rate and profitability.
Lars was at the Aarhus Tesla delivery center a few hours ago and said that the Model Ys he’s looking at are “marvelous”. The first cars delivered last week were also praised for their build quality and sleek finish.
A local Giga Berlin observer (@GF4Tesla / Twitter) has reported that several delivery centers and Tesla stores across Germany have been already supplied with Giga Berlin-made Model Ys. So, it is now time to start sending cars outside the country as well.
GF4Tesla spotted a Model Y getting a direct delivery from the Gigafactory Berlin today as well. And some car carrier trailers also left the factory loaded with the fresh supply of Model Y EVs today.
However, there is no solid report of how many Model Ys the automaker is making at Giga Berlin per day.
Update: Lars has posted his delivery day experience at the Tesla Aarhus Store in Denmark today. He has also posted some great imagery of the MIG Giga Berlin-made Model Ys in his video (below).
- Elon Musk’s recent visit to Mexico sparks rumors of an upcoming Tesla plant in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León
- Tesla clearing more Grünheide land to start the construction of new buildings at Giga Berlin
- IDRA’s 9,000-ton Cybertruck Giga Casting machine is on its way to Tesla Giga Texas from Italy
- Tesla launches new Model Y colors Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red for Europe and the Middle East
- Demand for Tesla vehicles is excellent, Elon Musk on Q3 2022 Earnings Call
- Tesla acquires permit to expand and upgrade the paint shop at Giga Texas as Model Y production ramps up
- Tesla Giga Berlin fire: a pile of cardboard cartons burnt in the open, environmentalists ask for production halt (video)
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk reveals plans of building an ecological paradise at Giga Texas