Tesla just started delivering Giga Berlin-made Model Y electric SUVs to the first customers last week. On the delivery day, the automaker just handed over 30 Model Ys to its customers who were actually Giga Berlin employees.
Today, a Tesla YouTuber Lars Strandridder witnessed 5 Model Y Performance cars getting delivered at a store in Denmark.
It is surprising yet interesting that in a short span of one week, Tesla has started delivering cars to other European countries hundreds of miles away.
The Tesla Store in Aarhus, Denmark hosted the first delivery event of the Model Y outside of Germany. This store handed over 5 top of the Model Y Performance cars at this delivery center today.
As we reported earlier, Giga Berlin is currently only producing the Performance variants of the Model Y to maximize production rate and profitability.
Lars was at the Aarhus Tesla delivery center a few hours ago and said that the Model Ys he’s looking at are “marvelous”. The first cars delivered last week were also praised for their build quality and sleek finish.
A local Giga Berlin observer (@GF4Tesla / Twitter) has reported that several delivery centers and Tesla stores across Germany have been already supplied with Giga Berlin-made Model Ys. So, it is now time to start sending cars outside the country as well.
GF4Tesla spotted a Model Y getting a direct delivery from the Gigafactory Berlin today as well. And some car carrier trailers also left the factory loaded with the fresh supply of Model Y EVs today.
However, there is no solid report of how many Model Ys the automaker is making at Giga Berlin per day.
Update: Lars has posted his delivery day experience at the Tesla Aarhus Store in Denmark today. He has also posted some great imagery of the MIG Giga Berlin-made Model Ys in his video (below).
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla (TSLA) Investor Day: the next Gigafactory will be built in Mexico, Elon Musk
- Tesla celebrates the production of 4,000 Model Y SUVs in a week at Giga Berlin
- Tesla Model Y in Deep Blue Metallic color spotted outside Giga Berlin, watch glimpses of Tesla’s most advanced paint shop
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Governor of Nevada to announce a new $3.5 billion Tesla Semi factory
- Huge parts of the 9,000-ton Tesla Cybertruck Giga Press arrive at Giga Texas
- Tesla achieves a 4680 cell production rate of 868k per week — enough for 1,000 Model Ys
- Elon Musk’s recent visit to Mexico sparks rumors of an upcoming Tesla plant in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León