Tesla just started delivering Giga Berlin-made Model Y electric SUVs to the first customers last week. On the delivery day, the automaker just handed over 30 Model Ys to its customers who were actually Giga Berlin employees.
Today, a Tesla YouTuber Lars Strandridder witnessed 5 Model Y Performance cars getting delivered at a store in Denmark.
It is surprising yet interesting that in a short span of one week, Tesla has started delivering cars to other European countries hundreds of miles away.
The Tesla Store in Aarhus, Denmark hosted the first delivery event of the Model Y outside of Germany. This store handed over 5 top of the Model Y Performance cars at this delivery center today.
As we reported earlier, Giga Berlin is currently only producing the Performance variants of the Model Y to maximize production rate and profitability.
Lars was at the Aarhus Tesla delivery center a few hours ago and said that the Model Ys he’s looking at are “marvelous”. The first cars delivered last week were also praised for their build quality and sleek finish.
A local Giga Berlin observer (@GF4Tesla / Twitter) has reported that several delivery centers and Tesla stores across Germany have been already supplied with Giga Berlin-made Model Ys. So, it is now time to start sending cars outside the country as well.
GF4Tesla spotted a Model Y getting a direct delivery from the Gigafactory Berlin today as well. And some car carrier trailers also left the factory loaded with the fresh supply of Model Y EVs today.
However, there is no solid report of how many Model Ys the automaker is making at Giga Berlin per day.
Update: Lars has posted his delivery day experience at the Tesla Aarhus Store in Denmark today. He has also posted some great imagery of the MIG Giga Berlin-made Model Ys in his video (below).
- Tesla (TSLA) sold 1.2 million Model Y EVs in 2023, 15 GWh of energy storage, Musk predicts slower growth in 2024, more
- Elon Musk hints at investing in Turkiye and attending the Teknofest next year
- Tesla reopens Giga Texas with Master Candidate Cybertrucks and Model Y production restart
- Here’s why Tesla discontinued the Giga Texas-made 4680-cell version Model Y AWD
- Tesla is expanding Giga Berlin to double its production capacity from 500K to 1 million cars per year including a 50 MW solar energy system, more
- Tesla Cybertruck is going to fit a standard garage, it’s bigger outside but is even roomier inside, says Elon Musk