Tesla just started delivering Giga Berlin-made Model Y electric SUVs to the first customers last week. On the delivery day, the automaker just handed over 30 Model Ys to its customers who were actually Giga Berlin employees.
Today, a Tesla YouTuber Lars Strandridder witnessed 5 Model Y Performance cars getting delivered at a store in Denmark.
It is surprising yet interesting that in a short span of one week, Tesla has started delivering cars to other European countries hundreds of miles away.
The Tesla Store in Aarhus, Denmark hosted the first delivery event of the Model Y outside of Germany. This store handed over 5 top of the Model Y Performance cars at this delivery center today.
As we reported earlier, Giga Berlin is currently only producing the Performance variants of the Model Y to maximize production rate and profitability.
Lars was at the Aarhus Tesla delivery center a few hours ago and said that the Model Ys he’s looking at are “marvelous”. The first cars delivered last week were also praised for their build quality and sleek finish.
A local Giga Berlin observer (@GF4Tesla / Twitter) has reported that several delivery centers and Tesla stores across Germany have been already supplied with Giga Berlin-made Model Ys. So, it is now time to start sending cars outside the country as well.
GF4Tesla spotted a Model Y getting a direct delivery from the Gigafactory Berlin today as well. And some car carrier trailers also left the factory loaded with the fresh supply of Model Y EVs today.
However, there is no solid report of how many Model Ys the automaker is making at Giga Berlin per day.
Update: Lars has posted his delivery day experience at the Tesla Aarhus Store in Denmark today. He has also posted some great imagery of the MIG Giga Berlin-made Model Ys in his video (below).
- Tesla Bot is painted in graffiti art with codes and specs on a Giga Berlin wall — 1,000 Model Y per week production rate reached
- Mizuho analyst sets Tesla (TSLA) price target to $1,300 as Giga Shanghai starts to return to full capacity after COVID lockdown ends
- Giga Texas construction moments: Tesla Cybertruck as an ice cream truck for the workers (video)
- Tesla restarts limited production at Giga Shanghai after weeks of closure (video)
- The new Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD variant with 279 miles of range spotted during Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo
- Watch Tesla Cyber Rodeo Livestream, Elon Musk shares amazing preparation updates of the event
- The entry to Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo will not be super strict, says Elon Musk
- Tesla releases a list of FAQs and dos and don’ts of Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo