Yesterday (08 September 2022), Tesla opened a new store and service center location in Brugge (Bruges), Belgium. Interestingly, this new Belgian Tesla Store is at a distance of just 15 mins (13.9 km / 8.6 miles) from the famous Port of Zeebrugge.
The Port of Zeebrugge has a rich history regarding Tesla and Europe. In February 2019, the first-ever shipment of the Tesla Model 3 electric cars to Europe was unloaded at none other than the Port of Zeebrugge (I had the honor to be one of the 1st bloggers to report it at the time).
In the beginning, Zeebrugge was the only port in Europe where Tesla used to ship Model 3s from the United States. As Giga Shanghai ramped up production, Tesla started shipping cars to other ports in Europe such as Oslo, Norway.
Located so close to Belgium’s Zeebrugge port, Tesla Store in Brugge is going to be the hottest location in Europe to buy a Tesla for getting early deliveries.
Mayor of Brugge Dirk De fauw was the special guest and speaker at the opening of the Brugge Tesla Store and Service Center yesterday. Other guests also gave a talk about Tesla and its operations in Europe on this occasion.
Chair and founder of Tesla Divas Europe Esther Kokkelmans was also present at this event and took some great pictures and shared them with us and granted us permission to publish them.
Tesla had put two of its electric vehicles on display at the opening of the Brugge store and service center location. A white Tesla Model Y and a red Tesla Model 3. Both of these had interesting single-letter license plates with Y and 3 written on them respectively.
The thing to remember is that Giga Berlin is currently producing a limited number of Tesla Model Y Performance variants. Some reports suggest that Giga Berlin has started making the Model Y Long Range AWD electric SUVs as well but the numbers seem to be very minimal.
Still, most of the Model Y and Model 3 variants are currently being imported from China to cater to the demand for Tesla cars in Europe.
The address for this new store is Brugge is:
- Elon Musk unveils Optimus Tesla Bot that will be produced at high volume, low cost, and with a brain to navigate the world
- Tesla Cybertruck has amphibious capabilities, reveals Elon Musk
- SpaceX performs Rapid Relight test on a Raptor 2 engine at McGregor, upgrades Orbital Launch Mount at Starbase (videos)
- Coal-powered electricity comes to an end in Hawaii as the Tesla Megapack battery energy storage system kicks in
- Tesla to unveil Autopilot FSD Hardware 4.0 (HW4) and Optimus robot at AI Day 2022
- Tesla Giga Berlin fire: a pile of cardboard cartons burnt in the open, environmentalists ask for production halt (video)
- Tesla to release new energy consumption graph with useful insights and range tips in software update 2022.36
- Tesla will fix the window finger-pinching recall issue for 1.1 million vehicles with a free OTA software update