Yesterday (08 September 2022), Tesla opened a new store and service center location in Brugge (Bruges), Belgium. Interestingly, this new Belgian Tesla Store is at a distance of just 15 mins (13.9 km / 8.6 miles) from the famous Port of Zeebrugge.
The Port of Zeebrugge has a rich history regarding Tesla and Europe. In February 2019, the first-ever shipment of the Tesla Model 3 electric cars to Europe was unloaded at none other than the Port of Zeebrugge (I had the honor to be one of the 1st bloggers to report it at the time).
In the beginning, Zeebrugge was the only port in Europe where Tesla used to ship Model 3s from the United States. As Giga Shanghai ramped up production, Tesla started shipping cars to other ports in Europe such as Oslo, Norway.
Located so close to Belgium’s Zeebrugge port, Tesla Store in Brugge is going to be the hottest location in Europe to buy a Tesla for getting early deliveries.
Mayor of Brugge Dirk De fauw was the special guest and speaker at the opening of the Brugge Tesla Store and Service Center yesterday. Other guests also gave a talk about Tesla and its operations in Europe on this occasion.
Chair and founder of Tesla Divas Europe Esther Kokkelmans was also present at this event and took some great pictures and shared them with us and granted us permission to publish them.
Tesla had put two of its electric vehicles on display at the opening of the Brugge store and service center location. A white Tesla Model Y and a red Tesla Model 3. Both of these had interesting single-letter license plates with Y and 3 written on them respectively.
The thing to remember is that Giga Berlin is currently producing a limited number of Tesla Model Y Performance variants. Some reports suggest that Giga Berlin has started making the Model Y Long Range AWD electric SUVs as well but the numbers seem to be very minimal.
Still, most of the Model Y and Model 3 variants are currently being imported from China to cater to the demand for Tesla cars in Europe.
The address for this new store is Brugge is:
- After the full stack wet dress rehearsal, Starship Booster 7’s 33-engine static fire is expected on 6th Feb, SpaceX installs Chopsticks at LC-39A Florida, more
- Elon Musk temporarily makes his Twitter account private to test its reach, reveals content monetization plans for creators
- Tesla’s 40 GWh Megafactory in Lathrop is quickly ramping up production
- A Tesla Model S almost submerged in the water gets tested as a boat (video)
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Governor of Nevada to announce a new $3.5 billion Tesla Semi factory
- Tesla Model Y Quicksilver color is a hit in Europe, looks fantastic in person (pics, videos)