Tesla and SpaceX CEO and founder of the Boring Company surprised the world on Wednesday when he posted a picture of a bottle of perfume named Burnt Hair on Twitter. This was actually new merchandise by the Boring Company.
“The finest fragrance on Earth,” Musk wrote in his tweet along with a link to buy the Burnt Hair perfume online. He also changed his Twitter tagline to “Perfume Salesman”. This change instantly caught the attention of his 108.7M follower base and fans and a rush of memes started to pour into the discussion thread.
More than 5,000 bottles of Burnt Hair perfume by Singed were sold within 2 hours of Musk’s tweet. Within the next few hours, the milestone of selling 10,000 bottles was achieved. Elon Musk kept sharing the sale count via a series of tweetstorms.
The price of Elon Musk’s Burnt Hair perfume is $100 which most of his fans find to be very reasonable. Interestingly, the Burnt Hair perfume can also be bought using the DOGE cryptocurrency using 1664.470906 Dogecoins (yesterday’s conversion rate from USD).
Upon placing the order for the perfume, the customer gets an email stating an estimated delivery date of Q1 2023.
Hey, hot stuff! This email confirms your purchase of Burnt Hair by Singed. It’s going to be lit. We’ll let you know when it ships, expected Q1 2023.Burnt Hair perfurme order confirmation email by The Boring Company.
The last update of the sale counter Musk shared was 20,000 bottles of Burnt Hair perfume. This milestone was achieved in less than 28 hours of its launch. The perfume is still not in-stock as of this writing, so the sales might be more than 20K that Musk did not report.
According to Musk, this is an omnigender product meaning both ladies and gents can use the Burnt Hair perfume alike. “Doesn’t get more lit than this,” he tweeted. The slang term “lit” applies to both intoxicating and exciting in this scenario.
The Burnt Hair product page on The Boring Company website has some interesting taglines to read as well.
Just like leaning over a candle at the dinner table, but without all the hard work.
Stand out in a crowd! Get noticed as you walk through the airport.
The Boring Company makes tunnels aimed at solving traffic congestion in metro cities. Last year, the company’s first project was completed, a tunnel system under the Las Vegas Convention Center that transports visitors from one end of the venue to the other saving a considerable amount of time.
The Burnt Hair perfume is Boring Company’s 2nd merchandise product. The first one was the famous Flamethrower (Not-A-Flamethrower).
Elon Musk is undoubtedly one of the most successful crowd-funding maestros of this era and a great salesman besides being an exceptional engineer and entrepreneur. What’s a business without sales anyway?
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Ford EVs will have access to 12K+ Tesla Superchargers next year, integration of NACS charge port in the next phase
- Cybertruck interior with redesigned yoke steering seen in new pics from the Tesla Shareholder Meeting event
- Tesla sends this month’s 2nd consignment of Model 3 and Model Y EVs from China to Canada
- Tesla will have its ChatGPT moment with Full Self-Driving cars, says Elon Musk
- Tesla’s future is the Optimus humanoid robot, not cars — predicts Elon Musk
- Tesla teases its next-gen car, Elon Musk confirms 2 new EVs that can hit 5M+ units a year production volume
- Tesla to start Cybertruck deliveries this year, Elon Musk at 2023 Shareholder Meeting (pics, videos)
- This is how the rear fascia of the Tesla Model 3 Project Highland could look like (artist renders)