Tesla’s Elon Musk just addressed the opening ceremony of the company’s Global Engineering Headquarters in Palo Alto, California. The electric automaker live-streamed this short keynote by Elon Musk on Twitter and Youtube simultaneously.
Tesla has acquired and restored the HP Garage in Palo Alto, California for the company’s new Global Engineering HQ space. This is actually the birthplace of Silicon Valley with a historical significance in the rise of Palo Alto as the technology-leading place in the world.
“We’re inheriting an incredible legacy here, It’s a nice sort of poetic transition, from HP to Tesla,” Elon Musk said during his presentation. “We obviously intend to keep carrying that torch forward,” he added.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2020, Tesla CEO Elon Musk decided to move his residence from Los Angeles, California to Austin, Texas. He took this move to focus on the development of the Cybertruck, Tesla Model Y production ramp at Giga Texas, and spearhead SpaceX’s Starship program.
Later on in 2021, due to multiple reasons and friction with the government of California on the Fremont factory closures, the main HQ of Tesla was also moved to Austin, Texas.
Since the start of Tesla in 2003 though, California has been the base for the automaker’s engineering and R&D. Perhaps, keeping this in view, Tesla and Musk decided to keep the core engineering development in California.
As we can witness in the above slide taken from Elon Musk’s presentation today, Tesla has summarized its operations in the state of California. In its Megafactory in Lathrop, Tesla is making Megapack stationary storage, and the Fremont factory has the highest output of cars in North America.
While Tesla Autopilot, chip development, robot design & development, and new vehicle design are going to take place at the Tesla Engineering HQ in Palo Alto, CA.
According to Elon Musk, Tesla already employs around 48,000 people in California. So with the new Engg HQ, Tesla is going to open more employment opportunities in the state.
During his address and live stream, Elon Musk did not forget to mention that Tesla Model Y and Model 3 cars were the bestsellers in California in 2022, and not just for electric vehicles but overall as well.
Tesla also brought multiple pre-production units of the Cybertruck to the opening party of the Global Engineering HQ today. According to some attendees, there were two Cybertruck close-to-production prototypes present at the event, one outside the HQ and the other inside where the presentation was taking place.
Musk also announced that this year’s Investor Day will take place on Wednesday, 1st March 2023. Today’s party was basically a recruitment event to attract new talent aiming to work on world-changing products and ideas.
Stay tuned for constant Tesla updates, follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Tesla Semi and the Cybertruck engage in a friendly drag race outside Giga Texas (video)
- Tesla makes massive decrease in Model S/X prices, shuffles Model Y/3 prices a bit (new price list)
- Tesla Investor Day: the ratio of humans to humanoid robots might exceed 1:1, Elon Musk shares Optimus progress
- Tesla (TSLA) Investor Day: the next Gigafactory will be built in Mexico, Elon Musk
- Tesla celebrates the production of 4,000 Model Y SUVs in a week at Giga Berlin
- Tesla Autopilot HW4 is coming, Elon Musk to announce big things on Investor Day
- Starbase updates: Starship 26 cryo test, OLM gets blast shields, Booster 7 spin prime test, StarFactory, more
- Elon Musk opens Tesla’s Global Engineering HQ in Palo Alto, pre-production Cybertrucks spotted at the event