Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) released its Q3 2023 vehicle production and delivery numbers yesterday through a press release on its investor relations website and email newsletter.
Tesla produced significantly less number of cars in Q3 vs. the previous quarter Q2. The launch of the new design-refreshed Model 3 Highland and the Giga Texas shutdown mainly contributed to the lower production and delivery numbers this quarter.
Tesla produced a total of 430,488 cars in Q3 2023 and delivered 435,059 vehicles. The additional 4,571 vehicles came from the excess inventory from the Q2 2023 production.
Despite delivering a lower number of vehicles compared to Q2 (435,059 vs. 466,140), Tesla still managed to sell more cars than it was able to produce — suggesting the demand for its electric vehicles has not deflated.
|Production||Deliveries||Subject to operating lease accounting|
Compared to Q2, Tesla vehicle deliveries dropped by about 6.6%. And if we compare the numbers to the Q3 2022 figures, Tesla has achieved a massive 26.5% growth in deliveries year-over-year (YoY). So, despite lower delivery numbers compared to the previous quarter, Q3 2023 is still a record 3rd quarter in the company’s history.
Besides the production and delivery numbers, Tesla also announced the Q3 Earnings Call as well. Tesla will conduct the Q3 Earnings Call on Wednesday, 18th October 2023 at 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
A live audio webcast will be live-streamed on the Tesla investor relations (IR) website. Tesla will also release its Q3 2023 financial update before the earnings call.
Tesla published the following announcement for the Earnings Call:
Tesla will post its financial results for the third quarter of 2023 after market close on Wednesday, October 18, 2023. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q3 2023 update, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.Tesla (TSLA) IR
- Tesla (TSLA) will need an all-time record quarter (Q4) to deliver 1.8M vehicles in 2023 — Q3 Earnings Call, more
- Tesla announces Cybertruck Delivery Event date, Elon Musk shares Cybertruck production challenges
- Tesla (TSLA) vehicle deliveries dropped in Q3 2023 compared to the previous quarter but grew year-over-year
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla (TSLA) scores record revenue in Q2 2023, gross margin drops to 18.2%, Earnings Call highlights, more
- Tesla (TSLA) deliveries grew 10% QoQ and 83% YoY with a record-smashing Q2 2023
- Elon Musk believes autonomy and high-volume low-margin sales are the keys to success for Tesla, the Wall Street isn’t convinced
- Ex-Tesla (TSLA) CTO JB Straubel to be voted to join the company’s board at the 2023 Annual Shareholder Meeting