Tesla has officially confirmed that the deliveries of the Giga Berlin-made Model Y electric SUVs will start from 22nd March. The US-based automaker started sending the delivery day invites to its employees earlier this week.
We had already reported on Monday that the expected date of deliveries is March 22nd — now Tesla has confirmed the news.
It is a tradition at Tesla that the company’s employees get the first deliveries, so these invitation emails are reportedly only sent to Giga Berlin employees who have made a Model Y reservation.
After the final approval to start the production of Model Y SUVs, Tesla seems to have accelerated the compliance process the local government has stipulated on the automaker.
In the meantime, more walls of Gigafactory Berlin have been painted with graffiti art. In the preliminary phase of this gigantic art project, only three walls were painted in graffiti back in January.
These rectangular structures that are getting painted with graffiti are the stair walls placed in series at a specific distance for the employees to move from floor to floor. The height of Gigafactory Berlin is 50 feet, so it might not look very high in drone videos but in reality, it is a very tall building.
Every stair box structure has 3 exterior walls that Tesla is painting in futuristic graffiti art — a remembrance of the Berlin Wall when Germany was still divided into two parts East and West.
The font used on the invitation email to write the word GIGA (screenshot above) is the same as Tesla used on the previous graffiti painting on a stair sidewall.
The new paintings are a bit colorful in contrast to the previous ones that were mostly black. In addition to the pictures Tesla shared on its official Tesla Twitter account, there are more walls in the works we can see in the latest aerial drone footage of Giga Berlin (video below).
- Elon Musk’s recent visit to Mexico sparks rumors of an upcoming Tesla plant in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León
- Tesla clearing more Grünheide land to start the construction of new buildings at Giga Berlin
- IDRA’s 9,000-ton Cybertruck Giga Casting machine is on its way to Tesla Giga Texas from Italy
- Tesla launches new Model Y colors Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red for Europe and the Middle East
- Demand for Tesla vehicles is excellent, Elon Musk on Q3 2022 Earnings Call
- Tesla acquires permit to expand and upgrade the paint shop at Giga Texas as Model Y production ramps up
- Tesla Giga Berlin fire: a pile of cardboard cartons burnt in the open, environmentalists ask for production halt (video)
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk reveals plans of building an ecological paradise at Giga Texas