Around an hour ago, I was working on a Tesla Bot story and noticed the embedded tweets weren’t showing on my articles. I tried to access Twitter.com and the feed looked weird. My profile had no tweets. At first, I thought X (Twitter) had blocked me.
I switched to my personal account in an effort to see if the trouble had something to do with my website’s official account. But no, it was the same. The iOS/Android Twitter app is acting weird too, it shows tweets in the home feed but as soon as you select a tweet, the tweet disappears, the same happens on the desktop version as well.
A discussion thread on Hacker News shows that X (Twitter) is having issues globally and many users report the same issues.
The website, DownForEveryoneOrJustMe shows the Twitter problems started around an hour ago as of this writing (20th December 2023 at around 8:00 PM Pacific Time).
This issue has been a major hit to Twitter since Elon Musk bought it for $44 billion last year. Since then, the billionaire entrepreneur has made big changes and improvements to the platform which he calls the Global Town Square.
The recent issue with X (Twitter) might be due to a hacking attempt or the software team tried to insert a new feature that broke the website and the app simultaneously.
This year in July, Musk renamed Twitter to X and changed the blue bird logo to an X logo that is just a font character.
Update: After about an hour, Elon Musk’s social media platform X (Twitter) has returned to its normal state.
- Vandals fail to break the Cybertruck glass in California — Elon Musk says it’s the finest in apocalypse defense technology
- Cybertruck rust or just dust — and how to fix the issue
- Study: The Current Generation of Students Is Pushing for Sustainable Electric Vehicles
- FSD Beta v12.2.1 is coming pre-installed on new Tesla vehicles with Full Self-Driving transfers
- Tesla begins wider release of FSD Beta 12.2.1 (2023.44.30.2) — it can finally take smooth U-turns (videos)
- Tesla to fix auto wiper issues with an OTA software update soon