Tesla China moves one step forward in verticle integration by offering Tesla car wrap services from the company itself, a sign that there is significant demand for wrapping Teslas in the Chinese automotive market.
The Tesla wrap service was announced on the Chinese social media platform Weibo from the automaker’s official account that accompanied the following pictures of a Tesla Model X wrapped in yellow color.
Initially, 5 Chinese cities Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou will have the delivery centers equipped with this service, later on, other service centers and Tesla Stores across the country will be enabled.
Auto translation of the Weibo post by Tesla China says the following:
Tesla is more and more common on the road, and it is getting easier to recognize the wrong car at the charging station. How to make your Tesla different and stand out?
Now the Tesla Delivery Center has launched the [Color Changed Car Wrap] product, which can make the vehicle cool! The first batch of online cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou, and other cities will be launched in mid-August! Many available colors, please contact your local delivery or service center!
The reason for posting the Tesla Model X in this social media promotion by Tesla is that this family electric SUV is very popular in the country, before the Made-in-China Tesla Model 3 production and deliveries started, Model X was the #1 favorite Chinese EV.
Chinese car enthusiasts including the local Tesla community is also a fan of wrapping their cars in unusual colors and vinyls that are totally different from what people love to do with their cars in the North American & European regions.
For example, just recently Tesla China showcased a Tesla Model 3 and Model X wrapped in ‘Awesome Purple’ color and vinyl matching the cars from the Game For Peace (Chinese PUBG Mobile), along with the characters from the video game cosplaying alongside the vehicles.
- SpaceX becomes the second-ever unicorn company to reach a $100 billion valuation, Musk leads Bezos with a $30B gap
- Tesla is moving its HQ to Texas, Musk announces during the 2021 Shareholders’ Meeting
- The strong demand for Tesla cars results in another Model 3 and Model Y price increase
- Tesla again scored a record quarter, delivered 20% more vehicles in Q3 2021 vs. Q2
- Drag Race: Tesla Model S Performance vs. Mercedes S-Class
- Elon Musk shares Floki as a frunk puppy in a new picture, then Dogecoin rises