Tesla China moves one step forward in verticle integration by offering Tesla car wrap services from the company itself, a sign that there is significant demand for wrapping Teslas in the Chinese automotive market.
The Tesla wrap service was announced on the Chinese social media platform Weibo from the automaker’s official account that accompanied the following pictures of a Tesla Model X wrapped in yellow color.
Initially, 5 Chinese cities Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou will have the delivery centers equipped with this service, later on, other service centers and Tesla Stores across the country will be enabled.
Auto translation of the Weibo post by Tesla China says the following:
Tesla is more and more common on the road, and it is getting easier to recognize the wrong car at the charging station. How to make your Tesla different and stand out?
Now the Tesla Delivery Center has launched the [Color Changed Car Wrap] product, which can make the vehicle cool! The first batch of online cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou, and other cities will be launched in mid-August! Many available colors, please contact your local delivery or service center!
The reason for posting the Tesla Model X in this social media promotion by Tesla is that this family electric SUV is very popular in the country, before the Made-in-China Tesla Model 3 production and deliveries started, Model X was the #1 favorite Chinese EV.
Chinese car enthusiasts including the local Tesla community is also a fan of wrapping their cars in unusual colors and vinyls that are totally different from what people love to do with their cars in the North American & European regions.
For example, just recently Tesla China showcased a Tesla Model 3 and Model X wrapped in ‘Awesome Purple’ color and vinyl matching the cars from the Game For Peace (Chinese PUBG Mobile), along with the characters from the video game cosplaying alongside the vehicles.
- Elon Musk temporarily makes his Twitter account private to test its reach, reveals content monetization plans for creators
- Tesla’s 40 GWh Megafactory in Lathrop is quickly ramping up production
- A Tesla Model S almost submerged in the water gets tested as a boat (video)
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk, Tesla, and the Governor of Nevada to announce a new $3.5 billion Tesla Semi factory