Welcome to the world of Elon Musk, he’s not just an EV and rocket engineer, he has a profound sense of humor as well. In a recent 8K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Tesla has informed the authorities that the company’s CEO Elon Musk’s official title is now ‘Technoking’.
Additionally, the Tesla Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Zachary Kirkhorn will now be officially called ‘Master of Coin’ (a term taken from the Game of Thrones universe). That’s a pretty accurate title for such a CFO who along with Musk were the driving forces behind Tesla’s purchase of $1.5B worth of Bitcoin (BTC) back in January.
This huge investment resulted in the price appraisal of Bitcoin. If we assume Tesla had made its Bitcoin purchase at the January 3 rate of $34,800 per BTC, the electric automaker has already made a huge profit on its investment as Bitcoin’s price as of this writing is $56,317 per one coin. Tesla’s intelligent investment has already grown ~62% in less than three months, credits Technoking and Master of Coin.
Musk is also emotionally involved with Dogecoin and keeps tweeting Memes and his likeness about it from time to time. He recently even offered major Dogecoin holders real $$$ in order to decentralize this digital cryptocurrency.
The exact text of the SEC 8K filing says the following about the new titles of Musk and Zach:
Effective as of March 15, 2021, the titles of Elon Musk and Zach Kirkhorn have changed to Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin, respectively. Elon and Zach will also maintain their respective positions as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.Source: Tesla SEC 8K filing
Technoking Musk has yet to drop an official tweet on this new development, I am sure he will address this as soon as he gets time from his most important tasks at Tesla and SpaceX.
This might also be a subtle response to a recent lawsuit by a Tesla (TSLA) investor against Elon Musk and the company’s board of directors in violation of the SEC’s instructions on moderating Musk’s tweets after the famous 420 Tesla take private funding secured tweet. Mainstream media yesterday tried to spin this story and were expecting the SEC had sued Musk again — but it did not turn out to be like that (details in the following Reuters video).
- Tesla Model 3 involved in a terrible crash never had Full Self-Driving installed on it — confirms Elon Musk
- Tesla (TSLA) sold 1.2 million Model Y EVs in 2023, 15 GWh of energy storage, Musk predicts slower growth in 2024, more
- Starship Flight 3 likely to reach orbit, Elon Musk explains the reason for Flight 2 explosion and achievements of 2023
- Elon Musk’s X (Twitter) was down for an hour before recovering from the issues
- Tesla Cybertruck starts at $60,990 — the AWD variant might qualify for the Federal Tax Credit
- Cybertruck Delivery Event live updates, Watch the live-stream recording, more
- Elon Musk’s iPhone wallpaper of Starship’s 2nd launch tells us a bit about his phone preferences
- 2nd Starship launch was a success, it went way beyond stage separation and then missing in space