Welcome to the world of Elon Musk, he’s not just an EV and rocket engineer, he has a profound sense of humor as well. In a recent 8K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Tesla has informed the authorities that the company’s CEO Elon Musk’s official title is now ‘Technoking’.
Additionally, the Tesla Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Zachary Kirkhorn will now be officially called ‘Master of Coin’ (a term taken from the Game of Thrones universe). That’s a pretty accurate title for such a CFO who along with Musk were the driving forces behind Tesla’s purchase of $1.5B worth of Bitcoin (BTC) back in January.
This huge investment resulted in the price appraisal of Bitcoin. If we assume Tesla had made its Bitcoin purchase at the January 3 rate of $34,800 per BTC, the electric automaker has already made a huge profit on its investment as Bitcoin’s price as of this writing is $56,317 per one coin. Tesla’s intelligent investment has already grown ~62% in less than three months, credits Technoking and Master of Coin.
Musk is also emotionally involved with Dogecoin and keeps tweeting Memes and his likeness about it from time to time. He recently even offered major Dogecoin holders real $$$ in order to decentralize this digital cryptocurrency.
The exact text of the SEC 8K filing says the following about the new titles of Musk and Zach:
Effective as of March 15, 2021, the titles of Elon Musk and Zach Kirkhorn have changed to Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin, respectively. Elon and Zach will also maintain their respective positions as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.Source: Tesla SEC 8K filing
Technoking Musk has yet to drop an official tweet on this new development, I am sure he will address this as soon as he gets time from his most important tasks at Tesla and SpaceX.
This might also be a subtle response to a recent lawsuit by a Tesla (TSLA) investor against Elon Musk and the company’s board of directors in violation of the SEC’s instructions on moderating Musk’s tweets after the famous 420 Tesla take private funding secured tweet. Mainstream media yesterday tried to spin this story and were expecting the SEC had sued Musk again — but it did not turn out to be like that (details in the following Reuters video).
- Elon Musk takes Benjamin Netanyahu for a Cybertruck test drive, after a discussion on the future of AI and freedom of speech (videos)
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Elon Musk demonstrates Tesla FSD 12 in a live stream on X, not a single line of code is used to build this non-beta version of Autopilot
- Elon Musk gives Cybertruck production and delivery event update, shares pictures of the Tesla truck from Giga Texas
- Elon Musk bids farewell to Tesla CFO and Master of Coin Zachary Kirkhorn after 13 long years at the company
- Elon Musk rebrands Twitter to ‘X’, a logo that is just a font character
- Tesla (TSLA) scores record revenue in Q2 2023, gross margin drops to 18.2%, Earnings Call highlights, more
- Starship to get 3 more vacuum engines for a total of 42, SpaceX upgrades OLM at Starbase, Raptor V3 attains new milestone