The day since Elon Musk took over Twitter has been a roller coaster ride. But the most interesting twist in the story has just taken its turn. The suspended Twitter account of the former United States President Donald Trump has been reinstated by Elon Musk.
The previous management of Twitter had decided to block Donald Trump’s account during the 2020 Capitol riots. The account was since suspended as Twitter leadership stood firm on its actions. This suspension was led by the then Twitter legal affairs chief Vijaya Gadde who was also fired by Musk and received a ~$35M package for it.
On Friday, Elon Musk who has chosen the title of Chief Twit at his newly-acquired social media company Twitter started a poll on the platform asking people if Donald Trump’s account should be reinstated.
In a follow-up tweet on this poll, Musk wrote “Vox Populi, Vox Dei,” which is a Latin phrase meaning “the voice of the people is the voice of God”. So the majority has cast its vote in favor of Donald Trump.
According to one of Musk’s latest tweets, this Twitter-Trump poll has been viewed by 134 million people. The poll received more than 15 million votes (15,085,458) out of which 51.8% were in favor of the reinstatement of President Trump’s Twitter account and 48.2% were against it.
However, according to the background information shared by Elon Musk, the poll was attacked by bot & troll armies and he has some useful data now to fix similar issues in the future.
At the time of this writing, it has been more than 5 hours since the poll results have been announced and the Twitter account of the 45th President of the United States Donald J. Trump has been reinstated but Trump hasn’t tweeted yet.
When Donald Trump’s account was restored, it was not showing many followers. Elon Musk said that Twitter engineers are working to solve the issue. I checked it 1 hour ago, and the account was showing 9.1M followers, but now the count has risen to 25.1M, this data will be restored in a few hours I guess.
Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more Elon Musk news, and videos. Follow us on:
Google News | Flipboard | RSS (Feedly).
- Watch the Tesla Light Show synced on RRR movie’s Natu Natu song and Elon Musk absolutely loved it
- Tesla Investor Day: the ratio of humans to humanoid robots might exceed 1:1, Elon Musk shares Optimus progress
- Elon Musk opens Tesla’s Global Engineering HQ in Palo Alto, pre-production Cybertrucks spotted at the event
- Elon Musk temporarily makes his Twitter account private to test its reach, reveals content monetization plans for creators
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla’s $3.6B expansion of Giga Nevada aims at 100 GWh of 4680 cells and Semi-truck volume production
- Elon Musk tells Tesla (TSLA) employees not to worry about the company’s stock price but rather focus on the end-of-year deliveries
- Elon Musk says he will not be signing any autographs ever again (video)