Commenting on an FSD Beta 10.69.2 test video, Technoking of Tesla Elon Musk gave a few new updates for the upcoming versions and how the automaker will be expanding the number of beta testers.
Musk said that FSD Beta version 10.69.2.1 is going to be rolled out in the next few days after ironing out small issues and making it much smoother. In our last review of this update, we covered how beta testers strongly feel that v10.69.2 is over-cautious around pedestrians even if they are at a much safer distance.
The most interesting part for Tesla owners who want to join the FSD Beta testing club is that after the release of v10.69.2.1, the Tesla Safety Score requirement will be reduced to 80 from the current criteria of at least 95.
Tesla dropping the safety score criteria this much will open the floodgates to a large number of Tesla vehicle owners to be able to join the FSD Beta testing program. Currently, the number of Tesla FSD Beta testing program participants is around 100K users.
A good average driver who is attentive enough to take over the car from Tesla Autopilot in a potentially unsafe situation will easily be able to achieve an 80% score. FSD Beta is currently only available for Tesla Owners living in the United States and Canada.
This year’s Tesla AI Day is scheduled for Friday 30th September 2022 in Palo Alto, California — and shortly after the event, Tesla will release FSD Beta 10.69.3, the next major sub-version update.
If you are a Tesla owner from North America and have a safety score of 80% and above, let us know if you want to join the FSD Beta testing program or not in the comments section below.
- Tesla to unveil Autopilot FSD Hardware 4.0 (HW4) and Optimus robot at AI Day 2022
- Tesla owners with a safety score of 80 should get the invitation to download FSD Beta 10.69.2.2, confirms Elon Musk
- Tesla will drop FSD Beta safety score criteria to 80 after 10.69.2.1 — version 10.69.3 will roll out shortly after AI Day 2022, reveals Musk
- Tesla owners share their first impressions of the pedestrian-cautious FSD Beta version 10.69.2 (test videos)
- Tesla owner pays off the price of FSD by posting FSD Beta videos, version 10.69.2 coming end of this week, price increased to $15K — more
- FSD Beta 10.69.1 is out, Tesla resets the counter for Forced Autopilot Disengagements to zero (testing videos)