Commenting on an FSD Beta 10.69.2 test video, Technoking of Tesla Elon Musk gave a few new updates for the upcoming versions and how the automaker will be expanding the number of beta testers.
Musk said that FSD Beta version 10.69.2.1 is going to be rolled out in the next few days after ironing out small issues and making it much smoother. In our last review of this update, we covered how beta testers strongly feel that v10.69.2 is over-cautious around pedestrians even if they are at a much safer distance.
The most interesting part for Tesla owners who want to join the FSD Beta testing club is that after the release of v10.69.2.1, the Tesla Safety Score requirement will be reduced to 80 from the current criteria of at least 95.
Tesla dropping the safety score criteria this much will open the floodgates to a large number of Tesla vehicle owners to be able to join the FSD Beta testing program. Currently, the number of Tesla FSD Beta testing program participants is around 100K users.
A good average driver who is attentive enough to take over the car from Tesla Autopilot in a potentially unsafe situation will easily be able to achieve an 80% score. FSD Beta is currently only available for Tesla Owners living in the United States and Canada.
This year’s Tesla AI Day is scheduled for Friday 30th September 2022 in Palo Alto, California — and shortly after the event, Tesla will release FSD Beta 10.69.3, the next major sub-version update.
If you are a Tesla owner from North America and have a safety score of 80% and above, let us know if you want to join the FSD Beta testing program or not in the comments section below.
- Tesla owners test FSD Beta 10.69.25 during the cold Christmas holidays (release notes, videos)
- Older Tesla Model S/X owners with MCU1 are reportedly getting the FSD Beta request button with the 2022.8.10.8 update
- FSD Beta goes wide release in North America, Tesla owners rush to buy the monthly subscription to get onboard
- Tesla rolls out FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, V11 release pushed to December (test videos)
- FSD Beta V11 partial release notes mention single stack for highways only, Smart Summon to come next month, says Musk
- Tesla starts rollout of FSD Beta V11 (2022.40.5), confirms Elon Musk — and it most probably is single stack