Commenting on an FSD Beta 10.69.2 test video, Technoking of Tesla Elon Musk gave a few new updates for the upcoming versions and how the automaker will be expanding the number of beta testers.
Musk said that FSD Beta version 10.69.2.1 is going to be rolled out in the next few days after ironing out small issues and making it much smoother. In our last review of this update, we covered how beta testers strongly feel that v10.69.2 is over-cautious around pedestrians even if they are at a much safer distance.
The most interesting part for Tesla owners who want to join the FSD Beta testing club is that after the release of v10.69.2.1, the Tesla Safety Score requirement will be reduced to 80 from the current criteria of at least 95.
Tesla dropping the safety score criteria this much will open the floodgates to a large number of Tesla vehicle owners to be able to join the FSD Beta testing program. Currently, the number of Tesla FSD Beta testing program participants is around 100K users.
A good average driver who is attentive enough to take over the car from Tesla Autopilot in a potentially unsafe situation will easily be able to achieve an 80% score. FSD Beta is currently only available for Tesla Owners living in the United States and Canada.
This year’s Tesla AI Day is scheduled for Friday 30th September 2022 in Palo Alto, California — and shortly after the event, Tesla will release FSD Beta 10.69.3, the next major sub-version update.
If you are a Tesla owner from North America and have a safety score of 80% and above, let us know if you want to join the FSD Beta testing program or not in the comments section below.
- Tesla tests FSD V12 on Chuck Cook’s unprotected left turn (UPL) in Jacksonville, Florida
- FSD Beta 22.214.171.124 (2023.27.6) gets mostly positive reviews from testers, Tesla adds a new Data Sharing agreement prompt in the update
- Tesla update 2023.32.4 improves the clarity of Autopilot cameras, Model X Falcon Wing doors get new Service Mode release notes, more
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla FSD 12 wide release becomes imminent as Tesla removes ‘Autosteer on city streets’ feature from the Coming Soon list
- Elon Musk demonstrates Tesla FSD 12 in a live stream on X, not a single line of code is used to build this non-beta version of Autopilot
- Tesla adds the Traffic Flow speed matching feature for highways in FSD Beta v11.4.6 (video)
- Tesla starts rolling out FSD Beta 11.4.6 (2023.7.26) to non-employees, early testers report improvements in various scenarios