In a leaked email from Wednesday 28th December, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tells company employees “don’t be bothered by stock market craziness”.
Tesla (TSLA) Q4 2022 has been a disaster for the automaker’s stock price. In December alone (1st to 29th Dec), Tesla’s share price dropped by 37.43% (from $194.86 to $121.82).
Tesla investors and enthusiasts attribute Elon Musk’s focus being divided to his newly-bought company Twitter as the catalyst for the downward trend of TSLA stock.
However, even in this situation, Elon Musk believes that with time, the world will realize the true value of Tesla and the company will recover from this crisis.
Here’s the email’s content in its entirety, posted first in r/Wallstreetbets on Reddit:
From: Elon Musk
Date: Dec 28, 2022 [Timestamp removed]
Subj: Final Few Days
Just a quick note to thank you for your hard work and congratulate you on exceptional execution in 2022!
Since we have a lot of cars arriving at the last minute, it is important to rally hard and do everything we can to get our cars to customers who have ordered them before midnight on Dec. 31. Also, every incremental car we produce that can be delivered in time also matters.
Please go all out for the next few days and volunteer to help deliver if at all possible. It will make a real difference!
Btw, don’t be too bothered by stock market craziness. As we demonstrate continued excellent performance, the market will recognize that. Long-term, I believe very much that Tesla will be the most valuable company on Earth!r/wallstreetbets via Reddit
Tesla recently announced a $7,500 discount on its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles delivered till 31st December. After this discount offer, Tesla must have received a ton of orders, especially in the United States and Canada. Therefore Musk is motivating the employees to push as hard as possible to deliver the maximum number of cars before the end of 2022.
In 2021, Tesla delivered just less than a million cars — a target for the comparatively new auto manufacturer that critics thought was not possible a few years.
And this year, Tesla is easily going to even surpass the 1 million vehicle delivery target by a good margin. Till Q3 2022, Tesla has already delivered a total of 921,666 cars already.
Angel investor and analyst Larry Goldberg compiled a Twitter thread to explain Tesla’s growth and future prospects to which Elon Musk replied “Sensible thread!”. Some of the tweets are as follows:
Elon Musk also liked a tweet from one of his retail investors and close aides Omar (Whole Mars Catalog) saying “$TSLA is hilariously undervalued”. This was a converse tweet to what Elon Musk posted in 2020 saying “Tesla stock price is too high IMO”.
- Tesla’s Dojo prediction by Morgan Stanley boosts TSLA stock price, report shows how critical the FSD supercomputer is for Musk’s tech empire
- Tesla (TSLA) scores record revenue in Q2 2023, gross margin drops to 18.2%, Earnings Call highlights, more
- Tesla (TSLA) deliveries grew 10% QoQ and 83% YoY with a record-smashing Q2 2023
- Elon Musk believes autonomy and high-volume low-margin sales are the keys to success for Tesla, the Wall Street isn’t convinced
- Ex-Tesla (TSLA) CTO JB Straubel to be voted to join the company’s board at the 2023 Annual Shareholder Meeting
- Tesla smashes all previous records by delivering 422k+ cars in Q1 2023 — announces earnings call date
- Tesla (TSLA) achieved a ~17% operating margin in 2022, the best of any volume carmaker, demand is ever-higher, Musk on earnings call — Q4 report, more
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers a record number of cars in Q4 2022, a record year as well — announces earnings call date